Suggestion for Suggestions

• I'm going to open this with negatives, sorry.

I posit that the current process of megathreads being opened for suggestions to both the browser and site is pretty much the worst method possible. It buries new suggestions under a mountain of responses to earlier posts.

I outlined my idea for a better system in this post on the subreddit. Basically: reddit for suggestions.

• @Thovthe said in Suggestion for Suggestions:

It buries new suggestions under a mountain of responses to earlier posts.

It does not. New suggestions are added at the end of the thread so all anyone needs to do is open the thread at the last read post to see the new additions since they last looked.

Personally, I would pro-actively moderate it to edit or remove posts that do not follow the instructions in the first post, and move implemented requests to the implemented feature requests thread. That does not seem to happen often.

Discussion does already happen within the FQ thread, probably too much. If you mean one thread for each FQ, then that would be more difficult to follow than a single megathread.

Users already know by posting that there the developers will see it. That's why gaelle started the thread.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.