[Feature Request] Alternate Route (shortcut) to the Speed Dial Page

• I really would like to access the Speed Dial page without opening a new tab. E.g. if I am on a page and am finished with it, I would like to open the Speed Dial page and replace said unwanted page in one action. Now I have to close said unwanted tab and open a new tab. This is an extra step to accomplish the goal. I suggest a small button placed on either the left or right end of the Toolbar (optional) which will open the Speed Dial page. One click and the old page is closed and the Speed Dial page is loaded.

@g_bartsch:

I really would like to access the Speed Dial page without opening a new tab. E.g. if I am on a page and am finished with it, I would like to open the Speed Dial page and replace said unwanted page in one action. Now I have to close said unwanted tab and open a new tab. This is an extra step to accomplish the goal.

I suggest a small button placed on either the left or right end of the Toolbar (optional) which will open the Speed Dial page. One click and the old page is closed and the Speed Dial page is loaded.

Yes. If you assign the home button as vivaldi://startpage, it will "take you there" but you only get an error page. Then if you press "enter" in the address bar, it opens speed dial. If you try to drag the speed dial address to the bookmark bar to make a link to it, you get a bookmark reading "chrome://startpage" which does the same thing. We should be able to link to the startpage.

• @RRR13:

You mean like the one in the new Opera?

Thank you. Maybe - I'll try later.

I have new Opera (stable and the two dev versions) on one machine but only as a toy. They never cease to amaze me how useless they are after months of development. Aside from looking pretty new Opera is useless to me.

@Ayespy:

Yes. If you assign the home button as vivaldi://startpage, it will "take you there" but you only get an error page. Then if you press "enter" in the address bar, it opens speed dial. If you try to drag the speed dial address to the bookmark bar to make a link to it, you get a bookmark reading "chrome://startpage" which does the same thing. We should be able to link to the startpage.

Thank you. I'd like to see the HOME button do a different thing than the SPEED DIAL button I propose. So would like the button I propose. It's a thought.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.