Unable to add folder to workspace in Dev tools

• Yay!!! I can now dock the dev tools :)
    But i am unable to add the folder to workspace :(. I am not sure if it is a known issue :|

• @ranaus This is known for quite some time and was already reported. But you can add the folder to your workspace manually:

• Close Vivaldi
    • Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Preferences in a text editor
    • Search for "file_system_paths"
    • It should look like this: "file_system_paths":{}
    • You can add your path to that map as a key with a null value, e.g.: "file_system_paths":{"C:\\MyProjects\\webapp\\":null}
    • If you now open Vivaldi, your path is available in the workspace

Yes, old bug. VB-29664 "Developer Tools - add folder to Sources workspace fails"

• @tobias-liefke said in Unable to add folder to workspace in Dev tools:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Preferences

Thanks for the hint/workaround.. but..

The file above did not contain the "file_system_paths" entry/object on my installation. Adding it manually does not seem to make a difference. The "Settings -> Workspaces" area still does not list paths or allows me to add mappings.

I double checked what the entry would look like in chrome, and it's absolutely identical to what I put manually into Vivaldi's "Preferences" file.

Any idea? I really would like to stick to Vivaldi for development purposes. o) Thx!

• This bug is still around in 1.15 and the workaround noted in the post above does not work. Any ideas for how to work around this issue?

• @tbone-15 @cupanoodle

Ran into this issue today, also tried the fix and it did not work. However, I did a bit of sleuthing* and it looks like the setting name is devtools.file_system_paths, not just file_system_paths. This means that if file_system_paths doesn't exist, you need to make sure you add it not in the outer level, but under the devtools dictionary.

Here are the steps from above, modified appropriately:

• Close Vivaldi
    • Open %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Preferences in a text editor
    • Search for "file_system_paths". It should look like this: "file_system_paths":{}.
    • If it doesn't exist:
      • Search for "devtools".
      • It should look like this: "devtools":{โ€ฆ
      • Add "file_system_paths":{}, right after the {. Make sure you add the comma in the right place.
    • You can add your path to that map as a key with a null value, e.g.: "file_system_paths":{"C:\\MyProjects\\webapp\\":null}
    • If you now open Vivaldi, your path is available in the workspace

* How I found the namespaced setting name:
    1. https://www.google.com/search?q=chrome "file_system_paths"
    2. https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/master/chromium_src/chrome/common/pref_names.cc

HOWEVER, after adding the folder, I don't see the "Map to network/local resource" option. So I don't think this solves the entire problem :(

Adding folder to workspace in Developer Tools works in 1.16.1221.3 on Windows 10.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.