Why does it freeze?

• I'm on Windows 10. Sometimes, the whole browser just either becomes unresponsive or stops loading webpages. Last time it did and I had to close the browser, I lost all my tabs. Surely, I didn't save them. Is there any way to organize an autosave or a hotkey for that? Also, what's wrong with the browser?

• Settings>Start-Up> start with "last session".

@KnightFury I have never seen such symptoms. Tell us something about your system? Something about your extensions? Are you trying to access content that's not common or usual? Are you running a million tabs?

• @Ayespy I have no extensions. What exactly apart from windows 10 do you want to know about my system? There are like 10 tabs opened, max. The last time it happened I was trying to open a html file from my pc. It opened perfectly fine in firefox, but made vivaldi unresponsive. In that html file was just plain barebone text, nothing unusual.

@KnightFury By your system, I am referring to hardware.

• @Ayespy ryzen 1600, ddr4 3200mhz, x370 mobo

@KnightFury said in Why does it freeze?:

ryzen 1600, ddr4 3200mhz, x370 mobo

Thanks. Graphics?

• @Ayespy Mine has froze twice since I installed the Vivaldi tonight. (6.23.17) Both times I had scrolled pretty far down the feed on Facebook and then tried to quickly return to the top. Windows 10 x64 Amd Intel i5 290Ghz. Never had this issue in the main competitors to your browser. This happened when I had only one tab open and when I had over 10 tabs open. I do not have any extensions installed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• @Ayespy it has nothing to do with graphics. hd7750

@KnightFury Well you should have more than adequate resources. I have not seen the symptom, nor have the developers or other testers, and some of us run some pretty marginal equipment. It's kind of hard to fix a bug you can't reproduce. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, or even that it's not Vivaldi's problem. Just trying to narrow it down.

Chromium is blacklisting more and more graphics it seems, which is a problem that has created similar symptoms.

Ryzen 5 1600 has had some unique problems with freezes and lockups with some apps historically, but none to my knowledge has been a browser. And (supposedly) AMD and MS have patched most, if not all, such problems. I run an AMD APC here, as you see in my sig, and I can't reproduce it. So it's a puzzle.

If you noticed the KINDS of pages it happens on, anything like this? The conditions it happens under? It might help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.