vivaldi browser not working with wacom tablet



  • I am sad to report that since the last update of vivaldi ( updated to 1.10.867.3 ) I am unable to use the browser with my wacom tablet (model CTH-480). Before this update I had no issues with the browser in conjunction with my wacom tablet. the issues are:

    • The browser does respond to right clicks in the tab's section (not left clicks), so I am unable to select a tab, but I am able to close a tab by left clicking the cross.
    • The browser does respond to left and right clicks in the settings menu, but I am still unable to scroll.
    • In the page itself it does not respond to left or right mouse clicks and I am unable to scroll.

    I updated my wacom drivers just to be sure, this did not solve the issue. The tablet works fine with all other applications so far.

    I am able to interact with the browser normally with a regular mouse.

    If there is any further information needed or fixes you want me to try, please let me know.



  • I'm also having the same issue, with the CTL-480. It was also working normally before the 1.10 update.



  • I too am having the same problem with my Wacom tablet (model PTH-651). I updated to latest snapshot and the problem remains. I can't use a mouse so I'll have to monitor for a fix using a different browser.



  • Same here. It's not working for me as well. Would love a quick fix!



  • If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

    How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    if you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a link to a testpage where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

    Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!




  • Gwen, thank you very much for showing me the error of my ways. I entered a bug report as described.



  • I have same problem since Vivaldi version 1.10, and also in Chrome or Opera browser, so I still using latest Vivaldi version 1.9 (1.9.818.50) - here works everything fine.

    But now, I have tried to find way how to avoid this bug and when I unchecked "Use Windows Ink" in Wacom Tablet Properties, now looks it works properly also in Vivaldi 1.10 and newer (right now in Vivaldi 1.13.966.3).

    So try this:

    1. Add Vivaldi profile in Wacom Tablet Properties
    2. Uncheck "Use Windows Ink"
    3. Leave me reply if it work please, I am just curious.

    0_1506073386807_Wacom Vivaldi issue.jpg


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.