Importing favourites/boomarks from IE

• I have always used IE but thought would try this after reading in Computeractive mag issue 443, is it possible now or willit be to import these

Not just yet, but count on it. It will happen.

• RRR13, use IE11 and have tried to get spartan after reading about that in same issue but just get a Google search page coming up

• also a favourties bar like can have ie IE would be really good

@maccafan:

also a favourties bar like can have ie IE would be really good

The most recent snapshot (available on the Vivaldi Team Blog) has a Bookmarks Bar you can turn on in Settings,

• I have found a menu option top left by the V that lets you import favs etc from IE and have moved the bookmarks, mail etc over to the right side like have in IE 11 and have fixed the list of favs so match what have in IE, must say am impressed with Vivaldi so far and recommended it

• When I selected the import from HTML file, there is no " locate file" tool.
    I do use Chrome, but it was not an option.

@ChicagoDon:

When I selected the import from HTML file, there is no " locate file" tool.
    I do use Chrome, but it was not an option.

First there has to BE a bookmarks html file on your system - it will be there because you first exported bookmarks as HTML from some other browser. Then, when you select the HTML option, you have to press the "Import" button in Vivaldi's import interface to open navigation window, within which you can navigate to the file you want, select it, and select "open."

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.