V. does not respect text boxes

• I find this quite often. Not on all sites, but, for instance, on one site I frequent, when I'm in a composition box and hit Ctrl-left/right to navigate around for editing purposes, V. will interpret that as a Back/Forward page navigation command, and I exit the page. Luckily the site memorizes the draft, so I haven't lost any work so far. But not all sites offer that protection.

I don't expect anyone to sign up to test this, but here is a sample site where I routinely experience the problem: https://www.christianforums.com

• Vivaldi Translator

@paul1149
    You have 2 ways to work around that.

1. Use this before typing into input box.
      0_1497978016803_maim-2017-06-20_23-58-15.png

or

1. Delete/Change Ctrl+right and Ctrl-left
      0_1497978051800_maim-2017-06-20_23-58-21.png

• Thanks very much, @dLeon . #2 looks like it will be fine. I'm used to only Alt-left/right anyway, and don't know how Ctrl-left was set (there was no Ctrl-right set). Should solve it. Thanks.

• @dLeon Unfortunately, the BackSpace key does it also, though not all the time, and I don't want to unmap it

• Vivaldi Translator

@paul1149
    Yeah.
    There's already some issue raised for Backspace key alone.
    Requests & bug reports for Vivaldi shortcuts to not effect input boxes or cloud editor already flying in.

• @dLeon Ok. Good. Kinda important.

Thanks. BW.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.