More icons in status bar (such as visibility filters)

• Hi,

I never really noticed (or perhaps they are new) the icons for screen shots etc. (What a wonderful addition, taking full page screen shots - I usually use SnagIt for that).

If possible, I'd like to have the option to do more SnagIt-ing things with the screen shots, like optionally showing the cursor/arrow and perhaps to wait for a few seconds so that one can show a drop down menu selection or so. This would be great for doing tutorials, commenting on web sites under constructions, etc. I don't know if this is hard to implement, but if it's too difficult, SnagIt works fine for now.

I think that the status bar could have more icons of use. One such icon that at least I would appreciate is the ability to watch the browser in a filtered mode, such as in grayscale or for people with red/green-visual impairment. (Note that there is a setting for these things in Photoshop, in case you need some hints for what filters to include). This would be a great feature for web development, and would give Vivaldi more cred as a politically correct browser. Actually, the only way I know of testing a web site today for visual impairment is to create screen shots and run them through Photoshop or so. Thus, actually surfing a web site in a filtered mode is not possible (to my knowledge). Once again, Vivaldi could get another "first", and I presume this would be rather easy to code.

The feature could also serve as a creativity tool: by viewing your web site in b/w for instance, you could decide if a b/w brochure would look good. Likewise, a teacher could decide whether to print out a web page in b/w or if color is needed (which puts some extra strain on the environment I think and might be more expensive) for a class.

Keep up the good work!

Petter

• Try "Filter Sepia" in Page actions <> to to right of the toggle images icon.

• @Pesala My gosh - had no idea. :) I thought the <> was only a code debugger. Really cool. However, the two common visibility (red-green) deficiency filters are not there, I think.

• @pettrer said in More icons in status bar (such as visibility filters):

I'd like to have the option to do more SnagIt-ing things with the screen shots

I use FastStone Capture. In my opinion, extending the basic snapshot feature is just creeping sophistication. If anyone wants to add notes and create tutorials, they should use a dedicated program.

Post in the Feature Requests thread.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.