Chromecast only casting when moving mouse

• Hey guys! I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll just try. I'm using Vivaldi on Arch and I have been trying to get tab casting with Chromecast to work. After some fixing, espcially activating hardware accelaration, I was able to get both sound & picture running on my TV. However, another problem came up, because although I see something on my TV now the picture only updates when I move my mouse inside the tab I want to cast. This means I see a still, when not moving the mouse at all, or I am in another tab. When I move my mouse slowly inside the tab, I see a lagging picture, and when I move my mouse quickly from one side to another I see the same video on my TV, I see on my PC.

Has anyone had this problem, or is this even expected and I have to change some settings. Hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

• @zierler-f Do you use the chromecast extension or do you use the buildin cast function via the rightclick menu?

• @zaibon said in Chromecast only casting when moving mouse:

@zierler-f Do you use the chromecast extension or do you use the buildin cast function via the rightclick menu?

I am using the right click menu. Is it even still possible to install the extension?

• @zierler-f
    I only use google-chrome for casting.
    Casting in other chromium based browsers always seems to have problems.

• I have this exact same problem with Vivaldi and my Chromecast Ultra.

I really hope they come with a fix. I'm on Mac OSX.

What is weirder is when I download Chrome I cannot see the Chromecast at all.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.