Backup problems

• Hi, I have read loads on the forums but can't find any backup methods that work for me.
    I find that vivaldi updates often trash my previous settings, extensions etc., then when Win 10 does one of it's bit updates everything goes again.
    Saving the \Default folder from the profile does not seem to work most of the time and things like chromepass-0.02 never work for me to save passwords.
    The only things that do seem to be saved in various situations are notes and bookmarks.
    I started using the standalone version but this does not seem to help either so wondered if there were any other methods out there as it does get a bit tedious having to set up everything all the time, I realise vivaldi is a work in progress but from what I have read it sounds like the passwords and extensions not transferring is a deliberate thing, thinking I might head back to Opera 12.

• @Fw190 I think a good solution to that would be for Vivaldi to allow you to save your User Data in the Vivaldi folder, not the \Users\Name\Appdata\Vivaldi\User Data folder. That way, when you back up and restore the Vivaldi folders, all your settings would be correct. It took me hours to set up Vivaldi as I like, so this is not trivial.

• @bobad said in Backup problems:

It took me hours to set up Vivaldi as I like, so this is not trivial.

Install Vivaldi using "standalone" option.
    This will work for backups - it will NOT work for transfer to other computers etc.

@Fw190

I started using the standalone version but this does not seem to help either

Passwords and extensions are encrypted using the Windows UUID, if that changes, they cannot be restored. Although UUID should NOT be altered by Windows updates, so I'm not sure what causes the problem you are seeing. (Assuming you do not do updates by a Windows re-install).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.