Browser disappears few seconds after starting it up.

• On win7 64bit, after starting it up it just minimizes/disappears somewhere after few seconds, the icon on taskbar showing as if it had closed itself but its running in the background also shows up in task manager. started to happen after ver 1.7.735.48

@froztin Have you renamed your profile and tried a fresh one?

• Fresh installed 1.9 once without extensions, same. also even if it worked I'm still at loss because it defeats the purpose of having a saved settings if I can't use it everytime theres an update. This doesn't occur on my win10 pc when updated to newer version. afaik all options are default other custom backgrounds.

• @Ayespy Fresh installed 1.9 once without extensions, same. also even if it worked I'm still at loss because it defeats the purpose of having a saved settings if I can't use it everytime theres an update. This doesn't occur on my win10 pc when updated to newer version. afaik all options are default other custom backgrounds.

@froztin I didn't say without extensions. I said with a WHOLE NEW profile - nothing left over from your old profile at all. The logic here is that if extensions are not the problem, something else in the profile may be. One should not have to do this for every update - probably only once. If you get it working in the first place, you should expect future updates to go smoothly.

• @Ayespy I'll try that, thanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.