Thumbnails not appearing in Speed Dial!

• Hello everyone! Whatever I add to the speed dial, it appears completely blank. No thumbnails! I am also attaching the screenshot! Please help. [attachment=678]Capture.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/23072/Capture.png[/img]

Sometimes the refresh button works, sometimes not. If the refresh button doesn't work, I can sometimes get a thumbnail by right-click, select "reload" from the menu. If that doesn't work, last resort is to click on the dial to ensure it takes me to a working page. If it does, I then return to speed dial and right-click "reload" again, and then almost always the thumb pops into view.

Obviously, this needs refining so as to be more reliable. AND - if the link belongs to a moved page, the speed dial should show an "Error 404" thumbnail like old Opera used to.

• A bit of voodoo trickery is involved on that matter

I find that refreshing the thumbnail on a freshly restarted PC and Browser is one of the things to try.

• I have tried everything. But it remains blank!

• @RRR13:

Do they stay black even if you refresh them by clicking the refresh button on each speed dial? I mean the one that appears on the speed dial when you hover the mouse pointer over it.

Refresh button on speed dial didn't solve the issue.

• Another thing to consider is if you are behind a proxy.
    My Vivaldi lives behind a proxy and it does not refresh the speed dials if I have not loaded a page previously that made me enter my username and password for the proxy. It needs the user and pass to go online and refresh the speed dial, but it does not have it and it does not ask for it when you try to refresh the speed dial, so you must load a webpage first.

Don't know if this is the case for you, though…

Thanks for replying but proxy is not what I use.

• I've got that problem too. Latest version, just updated today, and I cannot get Vivaldi to make proper speed dial thumpnails! I tried everything suggested above.

• @Jammet:

I've got that problem too. Latest version, just updated today, and I cannot get Vivaldi to make proper speed dial thumpnails! I tried everything suggested above.

The latest snapshot has currently the thumbnail generation totally broken.

If you want them back just download the TP4 from vivaldi .com and unpack it somewhere with 7zip.

Close your currently installed vivaldi, launch vivaldi from the unpacked folder and refresh your missing thumbnails.

Then you can close vivaldi and launch the installed one, the already generated thumbnails will survive.

• Thank you so much! I'm good then, I'll wait a snapshot, because … this is the day I finally migrate from Opera.

For good.

Extension UI was all that kept me with Opera. I needed those! The thumbnails can wait a little longer. :side:

• Anyway what I suggested is longer to explain than to do.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.