BUG As a user[0], when I close a session window, I want my window size and location to persist so I don't have to full screen it every time I restart

• Hi all,

Thanks for software

BUG As a desktop[0] user, when I close a session window, I want my window size and location to persist so I don't have to full screen it every time I restart

I have conducted a full reset[1]

If anyone else reading this agrees please up-vote or reply "+1"

I'll follow up again in the near future and base my decision to keep using Vivaldi on whether this is fixed

Please let me know if there's a more suitable place to leave issues

Let me know if you have any issues - happy to help

Hope to hear back

Yours faithfully

[0]
    Device: Apple MacBook Pro (desktop)
    Platform: OS X 10.12.5 (16F73)
    Browser: Vivaldi 1.9.818.50 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

[1] https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

@ldexterldesign The Vivaldi Forums are a great place to request assistance from the community or to get confirmation for issues that you run into, but the developers don't actively monitor the discussions that go on here.

Please let me know if there's a more suitable place to leave issues

You can file a bug report at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

Thanks, and welcome to the Vivaldi community!

• Hi @xyzzy,

Thanks for reply

Hope you're well

In your experience is it worth posting issues here ( http://forum.vivaldi.net ) before formally creating bugs; namely to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem(s)?

Hope to hear back

Yours faithfully

• @ldexterldesign Registered on this forum to write exactly about this. Resizing a windows on OSX is not effortless. Remembering the window size from the last session would save me not only the 5 seconds to adjust the window, but also lowers the chance that I forgot what I was about to do with the new browser window. Solving this issue would greatly increase usability for me. I hope this is made a priority.

@ldexterldesign Everyone is welcome to submit a bug report; you don't need anyone's permission to do so. :-) I don't think that there are any official guidelines but these are the ones that I generally go by:

• You should definitely file a bug if you encounter an issue and can replicate it consistently with a clean profile and with no extensions installed.

• The forums are beneficial when you encounter a glitch but can't find a way to replicate it cleanly. It's nice when another user can confirm that they're running into the same issue, and even better if you can work collectively to find a way to reproduce the glitch consistently. The developers can't fix a bug if the problem can't be reproduced.

• If a longstanding bug is annoying you but isn't getting fixed, file a bug report as well -- numerous duplicate bugs will (eventually) help to raise its priority internally and (hopefully) get the issue fixed faster.

• If you're testing a pre-release Snapshot build and encounter a bug, you should first report it in the comments section of the Snapshot Blog. If it turns out to be a new issue, file a bug report.... and if a Vivaldi developer asks you to file one, please do so immediately while the issue has their full attention. If it turns out to be a known problem but it's still really important to you that it gets fixed, file a bug report.

If you're still unsure about what to do, post here. We're always more than happy to help out in any way that we can!

• Hi @xyzzy ,

Bug submitted

Please feel free to follow this topic up if you need input else my email address is in the bug report[0]

Good luck with the diagnosis/fix

Cheers

[0] [Jira] (VB-29511)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.