Page contents not displayed after running on remote X server
I often run vivaldi in an X session on a remote computer, then close it there and start it in an X session on the local machine. It starts normally, showing all the toolbars, tabs, bookmarks, etc., including the page's title in the window's title bar (I'm using Native Window). But page contents are completely blank. Reloading the page or loading a new one yields the same result. No error messages are produced. Closing and restarting the browser fixes it.
Rebooting the machine before running it locally doesn't prevent the problem, so I assume something left in my config directory is involved. The problem doesn't occur if the second machine is another remote machine.
I'm using vivaldi-stable 1.9.818.50-1 on Debian jessie. Any workaround suggestions?
My workaround is to have my vivaldi startup script set a flag when appropriate, start the browser and have my window manager (fvwm) kill it when the window appears, then start it again normally.
This appears to be a bug. Is there another place I should report it?
dLeon last edited by
How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
- Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
- Describe the issue as precise as you can.
- If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
- If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
- If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
- If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
- You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.
Bug report submitted. Thanks!