Vivaldi does not take focus when link opened

• If I click a link in an email (Outlook 2013) or Word 2016 a tab opens but stays in the background, i.e. Vivaldi does not take focus as it once did.
    When opening a link with Vivaldi set as the default browser Vivaldi opens the tab but does not come to the front the way other browsers like Chrome & Edge do.
    I have to search for Vivaldi and then look for the new tab.
    I believe this stopped working in 1.10.862.6 and is similarly broken 1.10.867.3 (latest snapshot)
    It doesn't appear possible to rollback, any one know how I might do this in the meantime?
    Any ideas regarding the issue?
    Is it a bug, is there perhaps a workaround?

Works for me on Win 10x64 in The Bat!, Thunderbird and Notepad++.

How do you open the Link in your local program Word or Outlook? With Click or Click+Key?

• Apologies for my delay in replying
    What build of Windows are you using?
    I click the link in an Outlook 2013 email for example
    I have also upgraded Vivaldi to 1.10.867.3 on another PC (1703 b15063.332) and it similarly broke
    I appreciate that 1703 b15063.332 is a Slow Ring build but is it relevant?
    I have 1.10.867.3 running on a Win 8 machine without any issue
    Please can others let me know what Win builds they're running and if they have any similar issues?

• After further testing I also see the issue with Win 8.
    Intermittently the issue is not there for both Win 8 & 10 which does suggest that Vivaldi is at fault
    However, I can not precisely determine under which circumstances the issue is not present

• Testing with latest snapshot 1.10.867.27. Watch this space.

• This is broken with Win 8.1 Enterprise, b9600 & 1.11.880.3 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    This is broken with Win 10 Pro, 1703 b15063.413 & 1.11.880.3 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    The Win 10 is a home PC and the Win 8.1 is a corporate laptop
    Therefore, I can likely eliminate the OS and if 32 or 64-bit version of Vivaldi is at fault
    Same issue with Outlook 2013 and Word 2016
    Therefore, I can likely eliminate the application
    Is anyone else seeing this issue, am I the only one??
    If I install a new Vivaldi build it will work for any number of times then abruptly stop working
    What is going on there??
    This is driving me nuts!

• Hi robgr, it is possible to rollback to an older version.
    Here is the link for the latest 1.9 snapshot:

https://downloads.vivaldi.com/snapshot/Vivaldi.1.9.818.40.exe

Install in "Advanced" mode, then you can use it next to the 1.11 snapshot.

Cheers, mib

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.