Previously Typed History

• Hi all,

Please, how to not record what I previously type when I click on the navigation bar drop down icon "▾" while still mantaining navigation history? Thank you.

• @9-VOLT
    You could browse in "Private Mode" ("Ctrl + Shift + N") to keep vivaldi from recording your typed history in the first place or you can use a feature from the latest snapshot (beta) that let's you turn off the function that shows your typed history in the address bar and in the searchfield.
    You can find those options here:
    "Settings --> Privacy --> section "Show Typed History"
    and
    Settings --> Address Bar --> section "Address Bar Dropdown"

You can get the snapshot that provides this feature here
    Or you can wait until the next stable version is released to get this

• @zaibon
    The key question is not record type history while maintaining navigation history.
    Vivaldi do not have that option.

Private mode just doesn't record all of those.
    And option in setting just hide typed history while still recording. :grin:

Vivaldi (like Chromium) however, able to delete type history one by one in Address Bar. Either using "X" icon which show up on hover or use Shift+Del on hover. Other option is to "Clear (all) Private Data" which defeat the question.

• @dLeon

@dLeon said in Previously Typed History:

Vivaldi (like Chromium) however, able to delete type history one by one in Address Bar. Either using "X" icon which show up on hover or use Shift+Del on hover. Other option is to "Clear (all) Private Data" which defeat the question.

This option works but it isn't an option when at work suddenly my boss comes around and wants to show me something interesting he'd found and just wants to sit down at my pc for "just a second". I don't want to rise his suspicion by clearing my private data first. He already is a bit irritated by the looks of my "internet explorer" xD

So I use the new feature to just not show it in the addressbar ^^

• @zaibon
    Yeah, the underlying problem is how Chromium internal tied every history things each other. To clear one entire part, we need to clear the other.

Vivaldi attempt to split every thing in "Clear Private Data" sometime ago end up not clearing most of things.

• And what is the future possibility to "open a private tab" rather than an entirely new window on newer releases?

@9-VOLT - It's on the "to-do" list.

• I also would like to suggest a feature: on Internet Explorer 8, we had a very useful "color tabbed browsing scheme", where when a tab was created from another tab, a matching color would remember you where it came from. Vivaldi staff could somehow consider this?

• @9-VOLT
    That's already requested. Pretty famous request along side with something like "continues tab with address bar" like IE or Edge request.

Outside always appearing randomly, both have landed in current
    Request Feature thread. I think they got good vote.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.