Cannot Import My Google Account??

• After doing a few searches it appears that this is not a feature of Vivaldi yet.

Sorry to flame on my first post, but the browser is absolute rubbish without the ability to sync to my Google account.

The ability to sync to a Google account means that on any computer, tablet, or phone I have instant access to my bookmarks, saved passwords, autocomplete history, extensions, etc.

Adding Google sync should be a top priority. You can add any other feature under the sun, but without that you've got nothing.

• @thisisjay Vivaldi will have its own synchronization in the future.

• @thisisjay said in Cannot Import My Google Account??:

Sorry to flame on my first post, but the browser is absolute rubbish without the ability to sync to my Google account

Hmmm, are you really sorry? If your contrition is genuine, maybe you could practice an altered writing style, dropping the aggression & rudeness...?

• If you need GOOGLE services, you can only rely on GOOGLE Chrome. Nothing else. Why complaining to others browsers, when it's GOOGLE itself making lots of its stuff available only with their main browser?

Google Services will not be implemented in Vivaldi.
    Vivaldi Technologies is not Google, you misunderstand this..

Please, Tell me which browser can Sync with Google Accounts? Except Chrome? Google Sync is a Chrome-only service.
    In the past online Sync between different browsers families never worked stable and reliable.

You can import some local data from Chrome into Vivaldi.
    And if Vivaldi Sync is ready you can sync between different Vivaldi versions.

• This browser is based on Chromium is it not?

There are several other browsers based on Chromium that DO sync with Google accounts.

Vivaldi and Opera stand alone as two that don't offer this. Opera has their own version of sync and Vivaldi someday will. Yay! We need more tiny groups of synched browsers like we need a faster DVD rewinder.

I'm sorry, but I stand by my original thoughts. Without Google account sync, you've got bupkis here.

You might as well have made an Ubuntu clone that cannot access any of the Ubuntu repositories or a Windows clone that cannot run any Windows software. Oh wait they already have that. React OS.

• Vivaldi Translator

@thisisjay
    You might as well make your own browser. Provide Sync in 1st day it's born. Plus this plus that, handle people request, handle bugs. Oh wait we already have that, Google Chrome.

@thisisjay said in Cannot Import My Google Account??:

Without Google account sync, you've got bupkis here.

Oh, i hope you will not get meschuggen about missing gimmicks in Vivaldi. ;)

But you can upvote a feature request.
    If you think a feature is useful and missing in Vivaldi, please make a request.

How to make a feature request for Vivaldi
    If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/48/features-requests in the corresponding thread for your browser version.

• Seems like you know better than Google itself, well, bad news for you, Google recently dropped Sync in Chromium, except for Chrome, I can't find the exact article right now, but this is one of what I can find.
    https://www.ghacks.net/2017/01/25/google-shuts-down-chrome-sync-for-third-party-browsers-on-android/

@thisisjay said in Cannot Import My Google Account??:

There are several other browsers based on Chromium that DO sync with Google accounts.

You know much.
    Can you prove that:
    Google Sync API is designed and allowed to be used by Third-Party?
    Other browser developers get unpaid access for their commercial products?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.