Weird behaviour of +1 buttons

• As a title post, I notice then if I add a preference to a post, by clicking the up-arrow button it works as aspected, but if i change my mind and I want to remove my vote, then when i click down-arrow the counter reset to 0 (even if there's some previous votes). Btw, overlapping the mouse-pointer over the counter it show the user(s) name that previously voted for that topic even if the counter shows 0. On the other hand - after having already voted - if I click another time on the button up-arrow (instead of down-arrow) it works correctly, decreasing by one unit and leaving the correct count number of previous votes.

• Vivaldi Translator

@Marko-Indaco
    I could see the counter broken somehow.

I accidentally up-vote someone, from 0 to 1. When I tried to fix that it goes -1.

Seem @Steffie notice other behavior; https://forum.vivaldi.net/post/140110. The counter & number of people was different.

• @dLeon Thank for the tip. Yes, there's sure some weird behaviour upon the arrow-vote system :stuck_out_tongue: For what I can say, the first button (arrow-up) it's sufficient because if pressed twice, it works as -1 voting. Could be an idea to leave only that button (more clear, mopre space for post and (maybe) less developing works to bug-fix).
    Edit: No, sorry... i write a bullsxxt :D ... forgot about the -1 voting...

• @dLeon Well, there might be an innocent purely technical explanation, as you hypothesised... but given the nasty posts in the thread to which i alluded, from a couple of repeat trolls, i cynically assumed that in fact the explanation was that said trolls were downvoting [= invisible userIDs] any upvotes [=visible userIDs] they saw. These idiots are so small-minded.

After all, sadly we already have several precedents in these fora where such trolls have targeted some individuals they didn't like, & massively downvoted them. Sad morons.

• Not taking into account any invisible downvoting, there is an easy explanation.
    Let's say someone's count is at 0 and you upvote -- the count goes to 1. If you want to take your vote back now and press the downvote button, the count goes to -1, because you just downvoted them. That's how it's supposed to work, and not a bug.

It's a bit counterintuitive, but if you want to remove an upvote you gave someone, you have to press the upvote button again. And if you want to remove a downvote you gave, you have to press the downvote button again. This will remove the upvote or downvote cleanly, without voting into the other direction ;)

(I did it with the OP to check this real quick again)

• @luetage thank you and sorry for late reply (i was missing you're reply). Yes, it's pretty clear once you know that. Mumble... I thiunk a new help post comes soon :D

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.