How can I update an old password?

• I tried to login to Schwab and had some difficulties. Based on previous experience Vivaldi was trying to use an old password. I looked at the URLs but they appeared to have just been dumped there. I could not find the entry for Schwab. Based on very limited research I did not see the passwords let alone how to change one. As long as we are at it I didn't see an add URL/password which makes things cumbersome.

• @Neil_H
    Probably I'm not really understand your question.
    From you question I could only figure:

• You can't find Schwab entry either in Vivaldi setting "Privacy" or chrome://settings/passwords (vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords).
    • You want to know how to manually add password.

Tell me if I miss something.

To edit password or add one if a site not even ask to save it
    (Hackish). I hope you could follow.

This's the trick I use for duckduckgo setting page password. Chromium/Chrome based doesn't ask to save password as it doesn't has "username" part there.

• Enable chrome://flags/#password-import-export. Restart Vivaldi.
    • Visit vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords. You'll find new buttons, export/import. You could export it as CSV file.

The CSV looks like this;

name,url,username,password
    duckduckgo.com,https://duckduckgo.com/settings,,password
    blabla.com,http://www.blabla.com/,username,password

"username" usually your login name or email.
    You could edit the CSV then import to any Chromium based browser.
    You probably need to clear the previous password 1st. There will be multiple entry if you just re-import same site but different name or password.

In a way, this also answer your previous question post https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/7853/view-and-print-saved-passwords/. Just print the CSV file.

Chromium 59 introduce new settings page. So, if you use chrome://settings/passwords the export/import button doesn't show up. Luckily, Vivaldi still able to access old look.

In either vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords or chrome://settings/passwords, you could see the password unlike in Vivaldi settings page. But still you can't edit/change them. Only delete.

Edit:
    Forgot to add.
    That CSV show PLAIN Password! Look right-left-back before you open it. :grin:

• @dleon

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords is not working for me. i can't see any export/import password option anywhere....even if it is enabled in flags....

• @marekano Things have changed recently.
    Try using this instead chrome://settings/passwords

• @marekano Things have changed recently.
    Try using this instead chrome://settings/passwords

that doesn't bring back the export/import button back.

@marekano
    It's a known bug. Download and install the stable 1.11 Vivaldi version, which has still this function

• @derday
    Yes, that password export/import Chromium feature literally gone some versions ago.

I think I read in Chromium developer that was intentional & won't be fix. Without further thought, I could see this to more push the use Google Sync (read: completely tied to Google). It's the only way to export/import it & officially written on Chromium/Chrome password description to make sure users do so.

Edit:
    P.S
    I don't know if Vivaldi devs will have enough energy to rewrite the patch for this missing link. I don't dare to burden them more, because seem they still focus to strengthen the Sync, no?

• !!! For a export of password from 1.12 or 1.13 use Vivaldi 1.11 !!!

• Download Vivaldi 1.11 Stable
    • Start installer with Advanced option to install as Standalone f.ex. to T:\VIVASTANDALONE
    • Copy from Vivaldi profile (you wanted to export) the login database file Login Data to folder T:\VIVASTANDALONE\User Data\Default
    • Start standalone Vivaldi
    • Enable vivaldi://flags/#password-import-export
    • Restart Vivaldi
    • Open vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords
    • You can export to CSV file

Source: https://labs.gwendragon.de/blog/Web/Browser/Vivaldi/vivaldi-export-passwords-from-newer-versions

• Canary 63.0.3235.0 seems to have again the option in MD settings.

• @hadden89 said in How can I update an old password?:

Canary 63.0.3235.0 seems to have again the option in MD settings.

Yes? i tested Chromium 63 two weeks before and there was nothing in.

OK, then we will get it back when Vivaldi upgraded to Chromium 63 code.
    I guess it takes more than a month.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.