Popup Issue

• So, I'm having an issue with Vivaldi, and I want to track down what's exactly happening. I'm having a window popup and then disappear immediately as long as Vivaldi is running. It doesn't matter what tabs I have open, I can even only have one tab that's on the speed dial and it still pops up. It's very intermittent, but it steals focus, and then disappears even if I'm in another program like a game. So I was wondering if there is a logging function I can use to determine what's going on. I've already checked and nothing appears in the history. I've also uninstalled Vivaldi and deleted my local AppData folder, and then reinstalled.

@Ikepuska It's not anything I've ever seen in Vivaldi, which makes me think it's an extension, some other 3rd party program, or a browser hijacker.

• Empty window or popup window which leads to strange sites?
    Have you extensions?
    Sometimes, there are malicious ones that can be do this.
    Did you make a full scan system with your antivirus?

• I have done both an active scan and an offline scan of my system. I've also tested the exact same extensions in chrome and opera. In both cases nothing came up. It's just vivaldi. And no it's not loading any actual websites that I can tell. I'm really looking for a debugging mode that lets me generate a log that I can look at to track what's trying to load. The only three extensions are lastpass, ublock origin, and ghostery anyways.

• @Ikepuska said in Popup Issue:

I have done both an active scan and an offline scan of my system. I've also tested the exact same extensions in chrome and opera. In both cases nothing came up. It's just vivaldi. And no it's not loading any actual websites that I can tell. I'm really looking for a debugging mode that lets me generate a log that I can look at to track what's trying to load. The only three extensions are lastpass, ublock origin, and ghostery anyways.

And as for it being a different program, It may be but it's occurring in conjunction with Vivaldi because it only occurs when Vivaldi is running. It doesn't occur if other browsers are running but not Vivaldi, or if nothing is running. I've eliminated most of the variables, so at this point I need to see what Vivaldi is doing under the hood in a log format to try and track down the issue.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.