Saved sessions, multiple windows & lost tabs

• Here's a general description:

1. Open some tabs
    2. Move some of those tabs to a new window (why: organization, preparation to save as separate session, etc.)
    3. Save that session for later
    4. Close browser.

Under this scenario, when re-opening the browser, all tabs in the first window are lost - what comes up is the second window's tabs.

Two solutions I see:

1. Have Vivaldi simply restore all previously opened windows at launch, not just previous active session.
    2. If (1) isn't preferred behavior, have Vivaldi automatically save session files for all open windows on exit so 1st window's tabs can be manually restored.

I suspect this isn't a new issue, and apologies for not having dug too far into past posts to see.

• Vivaldi Translator

@cpm5280 said in Saved sessions, multiple windows & lost tabs:

I suspect this isn't a new issue, and apologies for not having dug too far into past posts to see.

Yeah, it's known & still long standing. Random user pop in here with lost tabs/session in whatever scenarios. Note, seem all of them are Windows & Mac user.

1. Have Vivaldi simply restore all previously opened windows at launch, not just previous active session.

At least in Linux/Debian sid amd64 this behavior already like that to me
    Just a few minutes ago, while waiting for today snapshot update download, I play with Vivaldi Quick Command. Vivaldi hang, and I need to kill all Vivaldi windows with tabs in them. When I relaunch Vivaldi all windows plus tabs just open with full glory.

So basically, Session Save for Vivaldi Windows & Mac probably need more love.

• I'm running Fedora 25, and have tried vivaldi-stable and vivaldi-snapshot, an I cannot get the working behavior as you described. So I wouldn't attribute it to just a Windows/Mac issue.

• Vivaldi Translator

@xioustic

Note, seem all of them are Windows & Mac user.

Well, for pass months most reports come from Mac users followed by Windows users. Actually, I didn't reven emember ever seen one come from Linux, except now, yours.

I never lost my tabs on my Linux system even when I force close Vivaldi or press that power reset button. And you probably won't believe me, I'm the type who regularly do kill vivaldi just because I think it's faster to close all processes.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.