Close tab in stack with middle click

• Hello everyone,

It would be nice to be able to close a stacked tab with the middle-click the same way it does when you middle-click a tab that is not stacked.
    Or to have same behaviour in both cases.
    (But that's just my opinion, man).

Thanks !
    Zllzn

• @zllzn said in Close tab in stack with middle click:

It would be nice to be able to close a stacked tab with the middle-click

That already works, and always has AFAIK.

If you mean that middle-click should close the entire tab stack then I strongly disagree. It would lead to confusion and a lot of angry users.

The Close Tab-stack on the tab context menu should be moved up with the group of other items about tab stacks, which would make it a bit more accessible.

• I did not speak of the the whole stack, but a tab that is in a stack :)
    I can confirm that it does not work when I middle-click on a tab that is stacked.
    I tried on several computers to be sure, to no avail.
    Middle-clicking on a "normal" tab correctly closes it.
    Any clue ? A setting somewhere ?

• @Pesala said in Close tab in stack with middle click:

If you mean that middle-click should close the entire tab stack then I strongly disagree. It would lead to confusion and a lot of angry users.

I did not speak of the the whole stack, but a tab that is in a stack :)
    I can confirm that it does not work when I middle-click on a tab that is stacked.
    I tried on several computers to be sure, to no avail.
    Middle-clicking on a "normal" tab correctly closes it.

Any clue ? A setting somewhere ?

• Closing a tab in a stack with middleclick works for me.

• Still works fine for me. Please give your OS and version when reporting problem.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.10.867.32 (32-bit)

• Okay, I managed to close a tab in a stack, but only the current one, when clicking on the stack.
    But if I display all the tabs by hivering the stack and middle-click on a tab, it does not close.
    Is that the correct behaviour ?
    Thanks btw

Specs : AMD II X4-980 - 4 Gb RM - Windows 10 (1703) - Snapshot 1.9.818.50

• @zllzn If you're clicking in the Thumbnail Preview, that will do nothing. The command is to click on the tab. You can click on the close button instead.

0_1497373539428_Close Tab.png

• Okay, I was thinking that clicking the preview should close the tab with the preview. Too bad it is not the case ;)
    So, yeah, well.... it worked the whole time in fact.
    Thanks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.