msvcp140.dll is missing

• Hi, I first tried using the default Windows installer on Win 7 64bit. After installing for all users using admin privilleges, no icons appeared for the current user (which was not an administrator). Vivaldi's icons were present on the desktop and on the taskbar only for the admin user. Then I noticed that Vivaldi was installed as 32bit. I uninstalled it, and downloaded the 64bit version.

Towards the end of the new installation process, right before I was given the option to choose tabs, background and stuff, I got a popup error saying that "the program can't start because msvcp140.dll is missing". Something obviously did not work. However, the browser seems to work fine at a first glance. I suspect however that something, somewhere is missing.

Any idea?

Thanks,

A.R.

• Wow... I just noticed that after uninstaling both 32bit and 64bit version, they are still there! (and working)
    Both Vivaldi's install and uninstall scripts are botched, for both 32bit and 64bit.
    Please do something about this!

• @arares said in msvcp140.dll is missing:

msvcp140.dll

This is a Microsoft library that should be in your windows\system32 dir, and it's not either installed or removed by Vivaldi installer anyway.
    Get the redistributable from microsoft, follow the instructions here for example
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/msvcp140dll-is-missing-in-my-win-10/1c65d6b0-68b8-4b59-b720-3e6a33038389

• @iAN-CooG Thanks for your quick reply!
    If it's part of "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" then I guess it's not a default component of Windows. In this case, shouldn't it be included in Vivaldi's installer?

Nevertheless, the other install/uninstall problems should also be taken care of, unless they are a consequence of the missing dll.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.