Cursor hiding when it shouldn't

• In the current version of Vivaldi, the mouse cursor hides if I stop moving it for two seconds. While this is a good thing when (for example) watching full-screen videos, it's a very bad thing in nearly every other situation.

For example, several websites show information in "tooltips" that pop up when the cursor is over a certain region. With Vivaldi, these become unusable (or I have to keep shaking the cursor back and forth, otherwise the tooltip disappears).

What's worse, there doesn't seem to be an option to disable cursor hiding (or control the delay) anywhere in the settings.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Or is it just a really bad "feature" ?

While I'm not exactly sure what's triggering this issue (haven't occurred to me so far), it's definitely faulty and you're not the first one to report it. Could you try disabling hardware acceleration to see if it helps? Some people claimed that it solved the issue for them.

Enter this URL into the address bar: vivaldi://chrome/settings/ and type "hardware acceleration" (or the respective name of that function in your language) into the search box in the upper-right corner of that page.
    You might have to restart the browser for the changes to apply.

• It seems to fix the disappearing cursor (BTW, the bug even makes the cursor disappear while selecting text on a page), but disables GPU decoding of videos, which greatly increases Vivaldi's CPU utilization and causes lots of dropped frames on HD / UHD videos, so it's not really a solution.

Thanks for the "workaround", but I guess I'll be using a different browser. Maybe I'll check Vivaldi again some time in the future to see if this is fixed.

I understand. I'm not sure why this happens for some people, it's rather unusual and it didn't ever occur to me. If you'll find some time, please report your issue to the developers via the bug report form.

Please describe your issue and make sure to include as much detail about your system's specs (especially the video card model, drivers version etc.) as you can. After sending the bug report, you'll get a confirmation e-mail and in a reply to that e-mail you can add more information and attach files (if necessary) for the testers and the bug tracking team.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.