Firefox will only accept Mozilla-signed extensions soon

• In the name of "safety and performance", Firefox will only allow to install add-ons signed by Mozilla ([url=https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/02/10/extension-signing-safer-experience/]blog post[/url]). There won’t be any preferences or command line options to disable this. It will start from somewhere in Q2 this year. I am really pissed off right now. This policy and mindset made me switch from Chrome to Firefox. Now they're doing the same stupid thing! I hope Vivaldi will be ready soon. My only other hope is Project Spartan. And I'm not sure if MS will or won't do the same thing like Google and Mozilla.

• I can understand why generally - they don't want every program out their installing browser toolbars for you, most of which would turn out to be malware. IE had that problem for years. All depends on how hard it is for a developer to get them to sign his extension. Oh, and there must be some "developer's kit" to allow a developer to test his own extension before he can submit it for signing.

• @Mr.Yeah:

In the name of "safety and performance", Firefox will only allow to install add-ons signed by Mozilla (blog post). There won’t be any preferences or command line options to disable this. It will start from somewhere in Q2 this year.

I am really pissed off right now. This policy and mindset made me switch from Chrome to Firefox. Now they're doing the same stupid thing!
    I hope Vivaldi will be ready soon. My only other hope is Project Spartan. And I'm not sure if MS will or won't do the same thing like Google and Mozilla.

Spartan will very likely require that. MS has been itching to exercise tighter, Apple-style control over their products for years now, they just get rebuffed by the market and then decide to be sneaky about it instead.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.