Extensions Lag

• Hello, everyone. I'm new to the Vivaldi browser and I was trying to download some extensions from the chrome web store but when I tried to add an extension, the browser froze. It wasn't like it froze, the browser did but the slides were changing while previewing the extension I wanted to add. Please help me.

Kaynon

• Vivaldi version, pc specs, windows version?

In past I had that problem with windows insider build.

• @Hadden89 Vivaldi version: 1.9.818.50
    Windows 10
    4gb ram
    intel core i5
    Nvidia GeForce GT 540m

@Kaynon I didn't have such problems here. Did you try to install various extensions or just a particular one? Do you have any extensions installed already? Maybe you should try doing one of the following, to see if it would resolve your issue:

1. Force reload the page and all of its contents including scripts, styles and images (by default: press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [R] or [CTRL] + [F5]);
    2. Clear browsing data and restart the browser if necessary;
    3. Refresh your profile;
    4. Try another instance of Vivaldi to check if the issue occurs there too - preferably the latest Snapshot (you can download it from here). Don't update your current Vivaldi! Install new instance as "standalone", so that it doesn't interfere with your current installation. You can easily get rid of it later by removing the folder where it was installed.

• I got Dashlane and Grammarly installed but not through the Chrome Web Store. They are working flawlessly, just like in chrome. But I'm so fed up because the browser gets stuck when I try to add an extension from the web store...

• I got the latest snapshot version which is "Toggle image visibility – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1.10.845.3". I tried to add an extension and it worked. Thanks a lot, @pafflick . I appreciate it :D

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.