ancient noob found wandering deep hierarchy - believed to be harmless

• I hope to cause no offense. I am new here. I just finally managed to register.
    I am using Vivalde 1.9.818.49 (Stable channel) (32-bit) with Adguard and Scriptsafe on Windows 7 pro.
    I couldn't manage to register using V -- no captcha was displayed.
    I managed to register using Opera 12.
    Is this a security feature?

Background:
    I have been using Opera since the 1990's, with a receipt for buying an Opera 4 licence in 2000.
    I don't remember why I gave up on opera after 12.

Does Vivaldi have anything like "about::config" in Firefox and Palemoon?
    Is there a way to swap a complete set of key bindings? I would like to be able to try a set matching Opera 12 or Palemoon, but revert if something went wrong.

Apologies for asking all these questions. A bit of advice on where to take all this might be in order.

Regards,

Wally,
    wandering in blissful, if ignorant, retirement

• The captcha probably don't work due adguard or scriptsafe; try to disable them for the page in which is not shown and see if it works.
    Some pages with such extensions on - looks broken (in case of vivaldi page, it's strange however).

vivaldi://flags/ is the equivalent of about:config in chromium based browsers ;)

In vivaldi options (alt+P) you can choose key bindings (keyboard section), down there is a button to revert changes in case don't work as you expect.

In privacy section check also if the cookies are enabled for third parties - often disabling them can break site functions: login, registrations, and maybe captchas too.

• @Hadden89
    Thanks for the information.

"vivaldi://flags/" is a lot scarier than Mozilla's "about:config", which is mostly things they couldn't be bothered to expose through a GUI.

"Opera 12> Preferences> Advanced> Shortcuts> Keyboard Setup" allows one to save/restore a complete set of key bindings by name. I had forgotten how many editable bindings it allows to be edited.

Third party cookies are mostly ancient, evil tracking/stalking tools. If a site needs to remember something about me, it can use cookies in its own name.

Again, thanks. I'll stop mithering you now.

Wally

The user is a peripheral that types when you issue a read request.

• @hicksw said in ancient noob found wandering deep hierarchy - believed to be harmless:

"vivaldi://flags/"

About this, only some of them could be useful in vivaldi.
    They are "just" for chromium engine - which moves also vivaldi - but flags that relay on some chrome exclusive functions - like sync, npapi and the chrome UI itself, WON'T work in vivaldi or could lead to unexpected things.
    Avoid any un-necessary change there.

"Opera 12> Preferences> Advanced> Shortcuts> Keyboard Setup" allows one to save/restore a complete set of key bindings by name.

I don't think keys can be exported/imported as a file yet.

Third party cookies are mostly ancient, evil tracking/stalking tools.

True. However, several legit sites relay on them and simply don't work, or work partially without 3rd parties.

• One of the worst offenders as far as requiring third-party cookies is (not surprisingly) Google - their services have so many different domain names that you'll need to authorize, but they also try to track you everywhere. Not that I really think Yahoo or Bing (Microsoft) is any better.

• I use this to handle my 1st and 3rd party cookies; it allows to store only the ones you want to keep and remove the others according to extension settings.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.