Authentication problems

• Lately I noticed that Vivaldi never authorizes me when Google sends the authorization request to my smartphone.
    I thought it was a problem in the new Google login prompt, so I always used one of the alternative methods of authentication. Unfortunately I just realized it's really a problem in Vivaldi.

Specifically, yesterday I installed the "Google Calendar" extension which, right after installation, asks you to authenticate with Google. There was absolutely no way of authenticating with Vivaldi.

Then I found this note in the homepage of the extension (emphasis added by me):

This is a Chrome extension using Chrome APIs. Some other browsers, e.g. Opera, Vivaldi, have
    chosen to implement a subset of the Chrome Extensions API, but they have not implemented the
    full API
    . If you encounter any problems running this extension on browsers besides Chrome, please
    report the issue to your browser vendor.

So I tried the same thing with Chrome and with Slimjet (another Chromium-based browser) and I actually found out that both behave correctly with the "Google Calendar" extension AND with Google authentication through smartphone.

Could you please fix this problem? It is becoming a major problem due to the ubiquity of Google services.

Thank you in advance

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• @Gwen-Dragon thank you for your help.

I reported the bug, but at the end of the procedure there is no indication of the id assigned to the bug, nor any indication as to how one can follow the generated ticket.

Is it supposed to work this way? I mean: the ticket is generated and I am not supposed to be able to monitor it?

Thank you in advance.
    Cris

• @Cris70 There is no "open to public bug tracker" at the moment - and it even might never come - but the bug ID is send to you by the mail you assigned to the bugreport. It should look like jira VB-26778.
    When you visit the blog or read the changelog when an update is shown to you - you can see which bugs are fixed.

0_1495021134062_jira.png

@Cris70 said in Authentication problems:

I mean: the ticket is generated and I am not supposed to be able to monitor it?

As you are not a internal tester you will not get any access to the bugtracker. But sometimes internal testers or devs send a feedback back to you if they need more information.

• @Gwen-Dragon and @zaibon thank you for your replies!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.