Vivaldi Caching Really Long

• I'm a web developer and one little thing I do on a regular basis is tweak something in a JS file, then reload the page to see a change. With Vivaldi, it seems to hold on to the cached version of the file a lot more and the only way I can fetch the new file is to clear Vivaldi's cache.

To make sure it wasn't a server issue, I tried doing the same thing on Chrome and Chrome seems to fetch the new version of the JS file after each reload without clearing the cache.

Vivaldi doesn't seem to have much in terms of cache settings. Is there anything I can do to make it fetch the new file after every reload?

Thanks!

• Caching first depends on your webserver settings.

If you tweak a local stored file for webdevelopment, please open the Developer Tools, Open Network tab and check Disble Cache.

• @Gwen-Dragon I probably should have known that checkbox existed. But that resolves my particular issue.

However, I've worked with the same file on the same server on both Vivaldi and Chrome and Chrome always fetches the new file. I confirmed I don't have that checkbox checked in Chrome. Why would Vivaldi hold on to the file?

• Wouldn't forced reload via "Ctrl + F5" do the trick? Or am I missing out on something?

• @Jerec If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.
    But we need a precise step-for-step description of the problem and some HTML, CSS, JS testcase files you used, so we may reproduce the issue.
    If you think a feature is useful and missing in Vivaldi, please make a request.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.