Built in Password manager question

• I'm referring to the one that you can turn on or off in settings under Privacy, then under Passwords.

How do I master password lock it? I've looked all over and can't find a place to do this.

• There is not yet a master password to lock them but it was requested several times.
    Some password are protected via OS password manager on windows.
    I think something similar happens with keychain on linux but I can't be sure.

• OK, thanks for letting me know.

• @Felemur Hadden89's instincts for Linux were good. Gnome-based distros use the Gnome Keyring, & KDE/Plasma5 distros use Wallet [or KWallet]. I use the latter, & FYI here's some explanatory pics showing where it stores my V-SS website UserIDs & Passwords [slightly off-topic, but fyi i do not use any browser to store any of my "sensitive" user account info; they're all in KeePassX [offline]. However i still find browser-based password storage handy for "non-critical" stuff, like any interesting fora/blogs to which i subscribe, eg, Vivaldi :-) ].

Curiously though i use V-SS, KWallet shorthands this as being only "Vivaldi". To satisfy yourself that Keyring or KWallet, depending if you're using either of those distro flavours [i've no idea at all what any non-Debian based distros do in this space], is really securing your V passwords, you can test by closing V, closing the ring or wallet, reopening V, then checking in Settings for passwords... you'll see they're all "gone".

0_1494725716565_upload-c5ff42fb-5384-4f23-b845-b06b86a32a21

0_1494725745067_upload-a02e5152-1b87-487a-a4d3-067975cfb702

..............................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui Linux 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    Vivaldi 1.10.838.7 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

..............................................................................................

• I use KeePassX in Cinnamon Mint Linux for most passwords that are critical, but the Vivaldi one is so handy for a lot of stuff.

Not sure if anyone else read this, but the LastPass browser extension is not secure: https://www.grahamcluley.com/lastpass-working-to-fix-major-vulnerability-responsibly-disclosed-by-security-researcher/

The problem with Vivaldi not having a master password is that the only level of security for its saved passwords is the logon password in Linux. I would just prefer having 2 levels. If my computer was stolen, I would feel it would be a little safer that way.

• I use chromelPass. Its usable. But there is nothing that compares to keepass/keefox combo in chrome/chromium userland. It's really unfortunate that chrome/chromium keepass apps are pretty bush league in comparison. If I had the programming skills and time I would try to write a chromium version of keefox but I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason there isn't one lays on the chromium side more than the app developer side.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.