New snapshot 1.0.105.7 - Now with 32 bit Linux.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi there! A new snapshot of Vivaldi available in our new team blog. Now with 32 bit Linux builds in addition to lots of fixes and updates. Go to: https://vivaldi.net/blogs/teamblog/item/7-new-snapshot-1-0-105-7-now-with-32-bit-linux Regards, Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• Was it really necessary to open a new thread for the same snapshot?

• Tab closing issue with middle click still present. Running three monitors in span mode, when closing tab with middle click, the whole browser window moves half a screen to the right.

I opted to consolidate my speed dial and bookmarks bar. 32 bookmarks with 1- or 2-letter labels fit nicely across the top of my window. Still need to be able to use a) at the right side of the browser and b) without labels.

Gotta say, though, the bookmarks bar is really responsive. Single click on an link, and BAM. Page opens.

Speed Dial should be equally responsive. Right now there is too great a delay when clicking on a speed dial, before being taken to the page.

• Hi,

double post from "the other thread" in order to consolidate the feedback.

thanks to the Vivaldi team for this new build. :)

Actually, I was just about to write that Vivaldi.net session have become stable now. But after the 5th Vivaldi restart I again got the login section on each of the 3 Vivaldi.net-tabs (these were the only tabs opened).
    To my very surprise I got the following hint after trying to re-enter my credentials (again, the login section was on each of the tab, so there wasn't any visual clue about an existing session).

[attachment=648]SessionExists_Error.png[/attachment]

Ok, then I went the hard way and cleared all Vivaldi.net cookies via Site info > Show cookie and site data. After restarting Vivaldi again, the language has switched to the locale, though the settings still showed "English". After another restart the UI language was back to English, and my credentials had been accepted again.
    I've tried to reproduce this error, but I failed to do so yet. Is there a better or standard regression test I could do? It's too much hit-and-miss right now, and hardly possible to enter a valid bug report.

someone
    Attachments:

• Another one,

is the yellow-marked "white gap" a true UI area or rather a render error?

[attachment=651]WhiteGap.png[/attachment]

someone
    Attachments:

• @Ayespy:

… the bookmarks bar is really responsive. Single click on an link, and BAM. Page opens. ...

I'm now using 30 bookmarks across the bar, with another 24 down the side panel… Just 5 short of the 59 minimum total I need. Of course, having to double-click the panel and single-click the bar members causes a bit of confusion at times, but things are getting much closer in the bookmarks arena. If/when the option becomes available for icons/names/both to display the bookmarks, I should be just about where I need to be with Vivaldi's horizontal BM bar showing all the BMs I need. And, indeed, the bookmarks bar is very fast. I especially love the concept that uses the bar to show the bookmarks within a bookmarks folder of the user's choice… that will enable me to swap out all the bookmarks on the bar in one shot (like I used to do using different toolbar files in old Opera), only far easier and faster to accomplish. This is beginning to shape up like a real tool! Hopefully, they'll be able to get you your vertical bookmark bar as well... ;)

• Painel in right side, GREAT!!!

• Pleeeaaasee I'm begging you add a scrollbar to tabs bar when on side :( 30 tabs and it's unusable, icons overlap titles get cut and so on :( In Opera 12 tabs were in multiple "rows" and there was a windows list panel which was even better…

• @RRR13:

Wait… It says Opera 12.17 has better performance than Opera 29. That makes me doubt the validity of the test.

I ran the test again, and it confirms the score. It seems that O29 is particularly week in text parsing (roughly the half, compared to O12).
    newspcq

• Vivaldi/1.0.105.7 scored 3803 and 6/7 (511/555 for HTML5)
    Opera 27.0.1670.0 scored 3988 and 7/7 (508/555)

• Vivaldi 1665 HTML5 Capabilities 6/6 on my W7 64bit. AMD FX 6300 Six cores.
    I won't put new Opera on this machine to can't test.

Searching at https://aivitals.co.clark.nv.us/WebPIInternet/ still creates a complete, and completely reliable crash.

• @Ayespy:

Searching at https://aivitals.co.clark.nv.us/WebPIInternet/ still creates a complete, and completely reliable crash.

Do you mean just opening the page or taking any action ?

I can open it w/o any crash.

You have to pick one of the search tabs and search for something. When it goes to display the results in a new .aspx window, it kills the browser.

• thx B)

• Bugs: I reported bugs via form: Using Win 7 32 & 64 bits, in fullscreen via F11, bookmark bar stays in screen. see a little part of a full screenshot of full screen using F11 in flickr.com

Plus in 64 bit version only, where even zoom in the full screen is wrong showed, too reported via form but nothing change

• @guzul:

Pleeeaaasee I'm begging you add a scrollbar to tabs bar when on side :( 30 tabs and it's unusable, icons overlap titles get cut and so on :( In Opera 12 tabs were in multiple "rows" and there was a windows list panel which was even better…

A Scrolling Tab Bar is a MUST !
    I have put a request for it in the requested new features section, don't know if it ever be noticed.

I never liked "Extended Button" feature even in older Opera, that implementation is ugly. Multiple line Tab wrapping eats too much of browser space, making it ugly again !

• Can anybody tell me the shortcuts for

• the menu (the "V"-button in the upper left corner)
    • the spatial navigation (VB-1591 Spatial navigation keyboard shortcuts)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.