New snapshot 1.0.105.7

• Seems to be a new snapshot available: [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/entry/new-snapshot-1-0-105-7-now-with-32-bli-linux-bookmark-bar-and-several-new-languages]Snapshot 1.0.105.7 [/url]

• Shortcuts for changing tabs (1, 2, 3, 4, CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3, CTRL+4) not longer available and don't work.
    • Selecting the tab-option "using transparent tabs" does not work
    • Spatial navigation should work now, but I can't make it work here (or am I doing wrong with Shift and Cursorkeys?)

• Hey

Is it possible in future to have bookmark bar in one line with address bar and search bar, like in this screenshot? https://vivaldi.net/media/kunena/attachments/19397/vivaldi.png

I really dislike bookmark bar taking whole line of space while address bar is mostly empty.

• @Ralf-Brinkmann:

ng transparent tabs" does not work

Just a guess, but likely it works just on vista/seven/sever 2008/server2008r2

• With every new snapshot, Vivaldi gets better and better. After years of disappointing upgrades in Opera (post 12.17), I have really gotten into what Vivaldi is accomplishing with its pre-Alpha releases. I am looking forward to what the Alpha and Beta releases will do.

I am running Vivaldi with anywhere from 10 to 20+ tabs open, when I install the latest snapshot it keeps all of my open tabs and the sessions continue from the previous snapshot. With Opera, every time I re-installed the program, I would lose all of the "Favorite Channels" on the guide for my tv cable provider. This meant that I would have to re-select about 75 channels. It was a real pain. Not so with Vivaldi. This is just one more reason that makes me appreciate what the authors are doing for us users.

On my machines, Vivaldi loads very fast, new tabs pop right up - overall I have no complaints. The only thing I am waiting for before making Vivaldi my primary browser is for the bookmark panel to get easier to sort and group per Opera releases 8 to 12.

• Bug: in fullscreen via F11 bookmark bar stays there and it should switch off. see screenshot when I reported via form:

about transparent tabs: is it aero function? in win 7 starter ed. aero does not exist, I'll test it in proffessional shortly

• Hi,

thanks to the Vivaldi team for this new build. :)

Actually, I was just about to write that Vivaldi.net session have become stable now. But after the 5th Vivaldi restart I again got the login section on each of the 3 Vivaldi.net-tabs (these were the only tabs opened).
    To my very surprise I got the following hint after trying to re-enter my credentials (again, the login section was on each of the tab, so there wasn't any visual clue about an existing session).

[attachment=648]SessionExists_Error.png[/attachment]

Ok, then I went the hard way and cleared all Vivaldi.net cookies via Site info > Show cookie and site data. After restarting Vivaldi again, the language has switched to the locale, though the settings still showed "English". After another restart the UI language was back to English, and my credentials had been accepted again.

I've tried to reproduce this error, but I failed to do so yet. Is there a better or standard regression test I could do? It's too much hit-and-miss right now, and hardly possible to enter a valid bug report.

someone
    Attachments:

So I suspected it, but I just tested and it's true. EVEN with bookmarks bar at the top (which I'm sure is temporary and Vivaldi will let me set it at right or left), less vertical space is consumed than on Opera, because I have tabs at side. Hah.

• Thanks for the new snapshot, i'm sure the browser will be my main browser as soon as the final version is out ;)

And a suggestion: it would be nice to have the option to make the bookmarks bar more transparent, that the whole interface looks lighter.

And i hope it will be possbile to open an Speed Dial entry in an private tab.

• @Ralf-Brinkmann:

• Shortcuts for changing tabs (1, 2, 3, 4, CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3, CTRL+4) not longer available and don't work.
    • Selecting the tab-option "using transparent tabs" does not work
    • Spatial navigation should work now, but I can't make it work here (or am I doing wrong with Shift and Cursorkeys?)

I have to correct my above remark:
    In the last version I changed the order of the shortcuts for changing tabs from 1, 2, 3, 4 to 3, 4, 1, 2. Only these changed shortcuts got lost during the update. After setting all shortcuts back to standard (last point in the settings menu) they were visible again and I could change them again.

• Still can't login to Diqus.

Weird. I can.

• When I'm on www.disqus.com I see, that I'm logged in. But when I'm on http://blogs.opera.com/desktop/2015/02/check-updated-history-layout-opera-developer-29-0-1773-0/#disqus_thread, I can not write a comment with my account. When I try to log in another tab opens and closes at once. Maybe it's not a problem of Disqus itself, I don't know.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.