Google search results count not shown in Vivaldi

• When I Google for '"cookery books" site:uk' I get loads of hits but I don't get a statement of how many. Instead, I get a line of snaps of cookery books. This doesn't happen in Opera 12.18. If I google 'albatrosses site:uk' I get a statement of result numbers and no pics. Has something changed in Google, or is it Vivaldi that's doing something 'clever'? (I often need to know the relative frequency of combinations of words.)

• That is what I get in both Vivaldi and Firefox, but saw this on some of the results:

Items 1 - 20 of 789
    Results 1 - 30 of 76232
    Results 1 - 16 of 274175
    Results 1 - 20 of 826

• It happens with books, films, games etc. any main category/sub category of product thats listed along the top as search options.

• Google has included fallbacks for their site when users are browsing via old and unsupported browsers, like Opera 12. Opera 12.x was the last version of Opera that used the Presto rendering engine, so it has become deprecated. If you do this same test in the new Opera, you'll see the same thing you do in Vivaldi. So, if anything, this is a Google issue and is browser agnostic.

You could use an extension such as uMatrix to spoof your UA and trick Google into thinking you're on an old browser. Or there might be a user style for it, though I don't know of any.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.