When you have to change your password at a website.

• I did a search for this issue and it seems that I am not alone, but no one seems to have offered a solution. I have saved my password at a website, but the host has forced me to change it. Vivaldi comes up with the older password and I have to type in the new one. When I go into Vivaldi/chrome password manager I don't see any way to edit the password, all I can do is delete the entry.

When I was using Firefox there was no problem. I deleted the entry and the next time I hit the site Firefox asked if I wanted to save the password. I said yes and it created a new entry with the new password. So I deleted the entry in Vivaldi, and it does not ask -- I have to type in the password each time I hit the site.

You cannot edit the password, and you only have one chance to create a saved password. Seems pretty sloppy for something that is so fundamental to the Internet. Changing a password is as common as dirt, and Vivaldi does not accommodate it? Seriously?

@Jayhawk467: You should not have to edit the password. In my experience Vivaldi always saves the new one when you type in a different password from the one in memory.

• I have the same problem in stable 1.9.818.44.

Vivaldi doesn't update the credentials automatically, I must delete the login info in settings and create it again the next time I login to the website.

@liyin Did you read my reply? You don't HAVE to edit the password. Vivaldi does it for you when you enter the new one.

• Did you read my reply? No it doesn't.

Don't know what version you are using, but shouldn't disregard so easily the report of two users.

I get that Vivaldi is supposed to do it automatically, but that's why I posted what I posted because I went through the same experience as OP and is something you don't forget so soon.

Is just not a deal breaker and I'm concentrating on UI issues for now.

For now, if for some reason Vivaldi does not automatically change the password to the new one when you use it (it always should) and you HAVE to personally editi it, then you can go to chrome://settings/passwords and edit the password there. In the history of my using Vivaldi as my default since February 2015, I have never had to do this.

• Will do.

The list you get with "chrome://about" doesn't show that particular internal page.

And the browser shows "vivaldi://about" in the address bar, but if I use that address I get the About page.

Also, noticed that "chrome://settings" and "vivaldi://settings" (shows Vivaldi settings UI) are not the same.

Because settings are spread among several internal pages you can't edit passwords if you start at "chrome://settings", rather than "chrome://settings/passwords" (no Vivaldi settings UI).

• @Ayespy How do you edit it? All that I see as being possible is to click on "Show" and show it, and then on "Hide" to hide it again.

Also, having deleted the entry, how do I get Vivaldi to recreate the entry? It does not ask if I want to save the password when I visit the site, which would create an entry, and there is no "add" button when viewing the passwords which Vivaldi has saved.

@Jayhawk467: Do you have saving passwords turned on?

@Jayhawk467: I guess editing is not an option. You could export them, edit and then import them again, but it seems like what is wrong is one of two things:

1. The website has changed and Vivaldi can no longer recognize the password dialog as a password dialog or, 2) the Log In Data file has become corrupted and no longer functions correctly (which means it needs to be renamed and replaced), in which case you should export your passwords, delete or rename the Log In Data file, and then either re-import the passwords or re-enter them as needed.

Vivaldi and other chromium-based browser rarely have problems with saving different passwords.

I use KeePass2 as a local and safe password manager and chromeIPass extension to add and save passwords.

• I was creating my list of logins and it happened when login after small changes not long after saving passwords for the first time.

Vivaldi did not ask to save or update the data as was expected.

• @Ayespy When I went to that site this morning, Vivaldi asked me if I wanted to save the password. I said yes, and later checked in settings:privacy and the entry is created. Who knows why it asked this time after not doing so all those times earlier, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

• If it happens again, just delete your saved password in Vivaldi settings, next time you login Vivaldi will ask.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.