Vivaldi will cause a very loud pop in the speakers on an iMac if it is the very first APP being opened after system boot.

• This copy of macOS was freshly installed in less than 2 days. I haven't touched it much, but I cannot guarantee everything was in vanilla state. The pop only appears when Vivaldi is the very first thing to utilize the audio hardware after startup (I assumed Vivaldi was trying to initialize something audio related?)(and the charm does not count :D). If I open up Safari or some other things and try to play a bit audio, then Vivaldi won't pop my speakers. It's a quite weird bug, and I can reliably reproduce it on this iMac. It does not seem to affect my 2011 MacBook Air with the same OS/Vivaldi setup, nor my Mid 2007 iMac with El Capitan installed.

I wonder if this is my own problem or anyone else has seen similar issues before. I do not own a Thunderbolt cable so therefore I cannot boot the iMac using the MacBook as a target disk to determine where the problem is.

Machine: iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
    Vivaldi: 1.9.818.44 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

Yes, we have some reports from some users that their Mac makes strange short plop or hiss at start.
    But yet the developers and testers could not reproduce this on their hardware Macs and VMs.

• @Gwen-Dragon Thanks for the confirmation. This can usually be circumvented by simply producing some sound in the OS before opening Vivaldi, so it's not that bad.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.