Captcha at Log In?

• My friend Dewi says that she encounters the CAPTCHA prompt every time she logs in into Vivaldi. Is there a setting that would cause her to encounter this? Something she can change? I know that on BlogSpot there is a setting that is set by default to prompt people with the CAPTCHA. Once we all changed that setting, we no longer encountered the CAPTCHA. My friend is the first person whom I've heard that has encountered a CAPTCHA prompt here on Vivaldi. But, if she says she's encountering it, then she must be. Hopefully someone here has a fix. I believe she Blogs mainly by Mobile ... just in case that has a bearing on why she's encountering that prompt.

• Strange, i dont seem to be needing Captcha. Does Someone else need it?

• For most websites which use them, you only encounter a CAPTCHA on registration - or for sites which allow commenting without being previously registered, when leaving a comment while not logged in. Being registered is generally accepted as a presumption that you are human.

• On BlogSpot, the situation isn't a matter of being registered or not or being allowed to comment without previously being registered. It is simply a case of that by default there is this setting set to require "Text Verification" or something like that. So, until we changed that setting to NOT require "Text Verification," we had to type in the CAPTCHA with EVERY comment we made. Yikes!

Luckily I did some Googling and quickly came across a Blog where someone gave me the fix.

But, as to my friend and Vivaldi? As I understood it, I don't think she was encountering the CAPTCHA prompt at every comment she made like on BlogSpot. I think it is just at every Log In. And as we all know, right now we do a LOT of logging in at Vivaldi.

• @Suntana:

… As I understood it, I don't think she was encountering the CAPTCHA prompt at every comment she made like on BlogSpot. I think it is just at every Log In. And as we all know, right now we do a LOT of logging in at Vivaldi.

I've never encountered CAPTCHA at Vivaldi, either at registration, log-in, or otherwise… with saved cookies or without... with Opera, Qupzilla, or Firefox. Since for me these are all desktop-based, I indeed wonder if it has to do with your friend's Mobile usage and something unique involving that.

• Yes, it's quite possible the problem has something to do with her being on the Mobile platform vs. Desktop.

Cuz I know that at least with Blog Design, Mobiles always make for a friggin' nightmare Tsunami of quirks, problems and obstacles.

Anyway, I already PM-ed Debbie the link to the Screen Capture of the CAPTCHA that my friend posted on her Timeline. Hopefully that yields a clue as to the nature of the problem.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.