Flash detection (Detect and Allow important Flash content only)

• Hello guys,

First and foremost, this is my first post here, so I need to get a few thinks out of the way first:
    You guys are doing a great job and Vivaldi is looking and working like a charm. THANK YOU!
    ...there I said it, I feel better.

Now to the actual matter of the thread: the current flash detection.

I feel like the current detection isn't a detection at all, and it basically denies almost everything.

I salute the effort of trying to make an effortless flash linked experience (really , I do, especially knowing that flash can be a real pain sometimes.)
    But I also feel like an additional option that basically gives us popup notifications in the corner, asking if we want to run flash for the webpage would solve a few problems. (the infamous Never/Just Once/Always)

For example: at di.fm I kept receiving the error messages telling me that I need flash. Even though i was pretty sure that vivaldi does support flash out of the box and that I ALSO had flash installed and up to date (ex Firefox user here).
    I took a few hours of fiddling aroud the web to discover that Vivaldi was just autoblocking flash even in the current Detect option.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion, great browser, keep at it.
    Thanks.

Some websites detect Flash player wrong.

Vivaldi uses a system installed Flash Player and loads Flash content if loading is enabled in Vivaldi's Settings → Webpages → Flash Plugin.
    Flash is not blocked automatically, but the browser detects important (don't know what that means) Flash content and loads them.

@Kapoff said in Flash detection (Detect and Allow important Flash content only):

it's just a suggestion,

And what is your suggestion and request?

If you think a feature is useful and missing in Vivaldi, please make a request.

How to make a feature request for Vivaldi
    If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/48/features-requests in the corresponding thread for your browser version.

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Flash detection (Detect and Allow important Flash content only):

Some websites detect Flash player wrong.

There is no Flash detection in Vivaldi.
    Flash is not blocked automatically, but the browser detects important (don't know what that means) Flash content and loads them.

I'm a little confused by this, does Vivaldi detect Flash content or no?

@MadMrCrazy Sorry. My answer was incomplete.
    Vivaldi can not detect if the loaded binary content is really Shockwave Flash. Vivaldi reads the HTML source code of a webpage and if there is a Flash embedded as HTML element object, it will load the Flash Player plugin and displays it.

But i do not really know how the level of Importance of a Flash content is detected.

• Vivaldi Translator

For example: at di.fm I kept receiving the error messages telling me that I need flash. Even though i was pretty sure that vivaldi does support flash out of the box and that I ALSO had flash installed and up to date (ex Firefox user here).
    I took a few hours of fiddling aroud the web to discover that Vivaldi was just autoblocking flash even in the current Detect option.

We make it straight first.
    Vivaldi (like Chromium/Chrome) support Flash if PPAPI Flash plugin installed by user. Firefox use NPAPI Flash, so no relation there. Flash plugin need to be installed by user choice, Vivaldi not bundled with its installer, suggested nor recommended it.

My question, Flash does work on your Vivaldi right?
    Sorry for the question, your OP a bit vague for me. Without blocking the Flash; you could test it here, https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/

I tested that di.fm; although I only use the 30 minutes sample, it does work for me.
    The Flash error box did pop-up because I use "Flashcontrol" extension.
    Basically, I just need to un-block Flash play on that site.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.