Suggestion: Tabs in side panel

• Hi

I started using vivaldi this week and i think it great. One of features that i love is the possibility to put the tabs in a icon format on de left(or right) side and save the vertical space of my notebook screen. But its can't be integrated with the side panel where i have my favorites, notes ans other thinks. A nice idea maybe is to be able to put the tabs in the same panel for a better look.

A example of how i configure my interface

Regards

@LuizMartins: I don't think we'll see that. We will still see mail and contacts in the side panel, plus we have to leave room for web panels. We may also get a Links Panel, a Search panel, and Info Panel, and...suspenseful drum roll...a "Windows Panel." To know what a Windows panel might look like, just select the "Windows" button from the main menu or even press F2. There is a list of all the tabs. So you can actually operate without any persistent tabs in your face at all, because they are available by button.

• @LuizMartins said in Suggestion: Tabs in side panel:

One of features that i love is the possibility to put the tabs in a icon format on the left(or right) side and save the vertical space of my notebook screen.

How does it save vertical space? If you have the tabs at the top, the tabs use the space otherwise used by the Windows Title bar. If you move them to the side, the title bar is largely unused, even if you enable the Browser menu bar.

Tabs on the Left
    0_1493781517273_Tabs on Left.png

Tabs on the Top
    0_1493781572787_Tabs on Top.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.