Home page?

• Hi, web site looks wonderful guys, thanks, but how do you clear or get rid of over screen of home page saying download preview' its a bit of a pain in the you no where, help please.

• You can change the home page in Settings.

• Okay thanks but where do I find the ` home page settings'?

• @c.waring:

Okay thanks but where do I find the ` home page settings'?

:blink:

It's the first thing you'll see on the settings window.

More or less the same as any other browser's settings.

• Okay but on the home page preview' I cant see this icon, please give me a clue? Unless the browser has not downloaded properly :- [DOWNLOAD TECH PREVIEW] Which is a dark over page with the sea crashing against cliffs page underneath. Help please.

• The home page is a website that appear when you click the home button in the address bar, it is currently set to vivaldi.com as in the picture. There is no setting for start page yet, the browser always reopens the tabs which were open when it was closed. Settings is found under menu > Tools > Settings or by pressing Alt-P. Now … can you explain what you want?

• @c.waring:

Okay but on the home page preview' I cant see this icon, please give me a clue? Unless the browser has not downloaded properly :- [DOWNLOAD TECH PREVIEW] Which is a dark over page with the sea crashing against cliffs page underneath. Help please.

Generally speaking, c.waring, a "home page" is a page you personally like to return to periodically because it has content you review frequently or is a good jumping-off place to other pages you want to visit every day or so. For instance, you may assign "http://yahoo.com" to be your home page by editing the little text box The_Solutor pointed you to. Then every time you click on the little house to the left of the address bar at the top of the page, you will go to your home page and review some news, click to a retail website you like, or whatever.

What you are describing in the speed dial is not a "home page." It is the landing page for the Vivaldi.com website. It is really intended to be landed on one time, by people who don't know anything about Vivaldi and would like to learn about it or download it the first time. Once in a great while, someone might check back there to see if there is any real news about the browser, its progress, the company or whatever. Otherwise, one is more likely to download the browser, and then keep abreast of its plans and changes in the Vivaldi.net community (which is a DIFFERENT site from Vivaldi.com), etc.

As to the black transparent cover over that landing page with the "Download Tech Preview Now" button, it is meant to be there. It's the way the page is written. You can't get rid of it.

Has this helped you at all?

• Thanks guys for all your help regarding the `home page' it has explained everything about the dark transparent over page, I thought I was doing something wrong to not clearing it,thanks again for all your help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.