Issues with xprop values

• I when I run xprop on Vivaldi, it xprop returns "app" as the window role instead of "browser". As I result, as an i3 windows manager user, I can't properly enable floating windows. As far as I can tell, all windows, side panes, settings windows, about boxes, etc return "app" as the windows role value. For reference below is the relevant part of my i3 config file:
    #floating
    for_window [window_role="pop-up"] floating enable
    for_window [window_role="bubble"] floating enable
    for_window [window_role="task_dialog"] floating enable
    #for_window [window_role="app"] floating enabled
    for_window [window_role="Preferences"] floating enabled
    for_window [window_role="About"] floating enabled
    for_window [window_type="dialog"] floating enabled
    for_window [window_type="menu"] floating enabled

I will probably also try to file this as a bug tonight when I get chance. Hope some of the devs have a chance to this.

Using:
    Vivaldi 1.9.818.44 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision bbec133a3745a0d97b9bd4da75e07ddb18f71ff7

One of the side effects of this is that the about window, settings window, bookmark when open as full sized tabs and there is no way for me to alter this behavior. I don't have this issue with Firefox where these value are correctly set.

Sam

• Also, I'm running Gentoo with i3 and no other DEs installed if that matters.

• Submitted bug report

• I submitted a bug report on this. How do I track the bug? There seems to no way for users to track submitted bugs. Is this correct?

• Yes, there is no public repo, only for vivaldi internals and testers.

• Any idea why?
    Most project provide some kind of public repo.

@gallatin1988 Jon's projects going back 20 years have never had public bug trackers. I've never seen him try to publicly explain or defend this. Presently, there simply aren't any free resources to maintain one.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.