Cursor Problems

• I assume that this is really more of a Linux Mint problem, but once Vivaldi-snapshot has been open for a while the cursor reverts to Breeze Snow. This cursor is nearly invisible on a light background. If I open system settings and change the cursor theme it works for a while, but eventually reverts to invisibility. On my main Arch box Vivaldi-snapshot has problems accepting a custom cursor, but defaults to Adwaita, which is much easier to see. I even tried installing some cursors from the chrome store with less than stellar results. I would like to be running Arch, but this is on a Macbook and I can't get a desktop environment to run there on Arch. The behavior is the same on both stable and snapshot versions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is it possible to set a specific cursor for Vivaldi?

• I did not see such changes with Vivaldi 1.9 and 1.10 on my Debian 8.7 KDE 4.14.
    Must be a problem with your Desktop Manager on Mint.

• @chardo137 I'm using Linux Mint 18.1 KDE and do not see this with Vivaldi 1.9 or 1.10

• @chardo137 said in Cursor Problems:
    Is it possible to set a specific cursor for Vivaldi?

I don't know about specifically for Vivaldi, but you should be able to specify a cursor set for X. I don't use Linux Mint. I use the Fluxbox window manager. If you create a file called .Xresources in your home directory, with the line

Xcursor.theme: Adwaita

(or whatever cursor set you have) X should use it the next time you start it. If the file already exists, just add such a line.

Chick

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.