Anti-user website design

• I've seen some annoying javascript "tricks" many times in the past and a classical one is to disable the right mouse button by hooking into the button press event and canceling it. The latest annoyance I've come across is to use the "::-webkit-scrollbar" CSS element and hide it, like done on this page. I think I know better whether I want to have scrollbars in the actual browser window – that's not part of the website – than the site author. (I know some people love these gimmicks but I don't.)

Well, in the past Firefox had a section in the settings where you could disable websites' ability to disable various parts of the UI. I'm not sure what would be the best thing to use with Vivaldi for this. There are probably many kinds of extensions available and some things could be achieved with a user CSS file. It would be neat to have some build-in options to prevent this crap. It harms accessibility too. Preventing popup windows is just a start.

• @Gwen-Dragon, did you even read that post before moving it? It's a question about Vivaldi.

• You could use uBlock Origin extension to disable 1st-party and 3rd-party scripts.

@kumiponi Sorry about my misinterpretation. I move back!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.