HOWTO: Change favicon to sound icon while playing audio

• First of all, open up bundle.js (this can be found in C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application[Current version number]\resources\vivaldi\resources , replace [Username] and [Current version number] with your Windows Username and the current vivaldi build number respectively, I'm unfamiliar with linux or mac versions so you'd have to search for bundle.js). Now find the phrase "this.state.faviconurl", there should be two finds. Replace the first with [code]this.state.mediastate==="playing"?"url(/resources/audio_tab_dark.png)":this.state.faviconurl[/code] Thats it! And save! Now the favicon will change to reflect audio playing. If you want you can also delete the reference to the audio icon further down by removing. [code]n.createElement("span", { className: n.addons.classSet({ "tab-audio": !0, on: "playing" === this.state.mediastate }) }),[/code] Hope this helps, heres an attachment to show the effect. [attachment=639]audiointab.png[/attachment] Simon Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/24212/audiointab.png[/img]

• Hi Shoust, thank you for you post.
    I'm writing to you hoping you can help me to REMOVE the icon of sound playing that is shown INSTEAD of the website favicon. Can it be done? I've tried to dig into bundle.js, but it seems that the official implementation was different from your solution, and I cannot reverse engineer it.
    I think it would be great to have some other form of sign that says "audio is coming from here!", but I don't need it. For me is far better to see the ACTUAL favicon with no clue about audio playing or not, instead of not seeing the favicon AT ALL. (That's because I already know where the audio comes from).

If you can help me it would be great! but thank you anyway.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.