Stopgap

I don't know what the priorities of the development team are, or what stage of progress various feature are at, but JUST IN CASE a) bookmarks bar isn't ready yet and won't be, for a snapshot or two, and JUST IN CASE b) the code tweak to the side panel would be trivial, my interface would work better if the side panel, when open, could be squeezed down narrower - say to two-thirds of its current minimum width. Just a thot.

• You mean there's a minimum width? Okay, the width of the toolbar - you want 2/3 of the panel selector bar?

@sgunhouse:

You mean there's a minimum width? Okay, the width of the toolbar - you want 2/3 of the panel selector bar?

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have the panel selector bar on the right for the time being. I have the bookmarks panel open all the time, because there is no bookmarks bar. The visible bookmarks in the panel are the ones that would normally be on a bookmarks bar. When I squeeze the bookmarks panel down as skinny as it will go, it's still as wide as the tabs, which I also have on that side. The UI would work best for me if, rather than the bookmarks panel, that were a bookmarks bar, about the same width as the panel bar. Failing that, if it could be squeezed down to about 66% of its present minimum width, the +, folder, - and edit icons at the top of the open panel below the bookmarks search box would still fit, and I could still see all my favicons, but the panel would take up less room. Follow me?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.