Need Trusted Websites list.
abm0 last edited by abm0
OK, these last security updates are ridiculous. Some pages that had been working for me for years are now broken because of the damned security-this certificate-that checks. I need a Trusted Domains/Websites/URLs list to get certain things working without all this pesky security.
First, a few Vivaldi updates back, I couldn't access a Sharepoint website on my company's intranet normally anymore - I got that certificate warning that gives you a link where you can continue past the warning page and get your website loaded, but that completely breaks some important Sharepoint functionalities, so it's not really usable => I have to switch to Internet Explorer for that site.
And now with today's update (1.9.818.44 (Stable channel) (32-bit)), the ridiculousness got even more ridiculous when I stopped being able to log on to my e-mail provider fastmail.com, this time with no link available to move past the warning (page says "Your connection is not private ... Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.fastmail.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"). Again forcing me to use a different browser.
This nonsense has to stop. Please implement a Trusted Websites list or start honoring the list from IE / Internet Options, this military-grade security you've got going now is just ridiculous.
www.fastmail.com login works without problems won Windows 10.
Your Windows has really a up-to-date certificates database?
Try to clear all browser data, this may force Vivaldi to refresh the list of trusted EV certificates.
Perhaps you can open vivaldi://components and refresh the
• CRL sets
• EV certificates list
• SSL Error Assistant
If your intranets websites do not work, it is the responsibility of your company's administrator to fix their certificates problem.
As an poweruser override you can type badidea on such internal Vivaldi SSL error page and you can use the domain with SSL again.
Or you start Vivaldi with a commandline switch. But… be careful. Own risk!
!!! --ignore-certificate-errors !!!
But that will lower all your SSL security. You know what you do.
Yes, it is more work if there are no exception lists for SSL domains as in other browsers like Opera 12 or Firefox.
Such exception list was already reported as a feature/wish to Vivaldi.
If you need something or found a bug plese report it to us.
How to make a feature request for Vivaldi
If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/48/features-requests in the corresponding thread for your browser version.
If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.
How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
Describe the issue as precise as you can.
If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.
Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!
abm0 last edited by
Thanks for the suggestions!
"badidea" doesn't solve anything, it just gets FastMail to show me an empty page with a message about "my browser not having the capabilities needed to display this website".
The --ignore-certificate-errors option gets me FastMail back but on the intranet Sharepoint site it gives me a bogus
"This site can’t be reached
The webpage at [...] might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
... while Internet Explorer can open the exact same URL without a hitch.
I'll file a bug report as indicated in your signature.
Perhaps your company has a broken proxy or security appliacance and thus may cause the certificate errors.
PS: Thanks for reporting the bug. I hope for you the developers are able to reproduce it.