problem with video

• I tried to explain the problem with a video which only Vivaldi browser have!
    But "Vivaldi Bugs Forum" announced me that my description with the link at online-tv is spam!
    It is crazy,
    I try to help you and you told me that I am SPAMer!
    I really don't need to help you!

• @palocx Ehrm yes... please calm a bit down. Sometimes there still are a few problems with the new forum software. You can bypass this when you type the url that is causing you trouble like this: www[dot]google[dot]com.
    I know it is not the best solution but it works.

So what is your problem excactly?
    And a few questions in advance - if you don't mind:

What windows/linux/macOS version do you use?
    What is your vivaldi version (you can look this up at vivaldi://about) and is it 32 or 64bit?
    What extensions do you use?

And if you having trouble with slowmotion sound did you tried to use an user agent switcher? So the streaming site thinks that you use chrome/firefox/whatever.
    You can get them at the chrome store here

• @palocx Try to put the link between ` `

• @zaibon I spent time with descriotion and for nothing. I was bit confuse.
    [dot] doesn't work

windows 10,
    64bit, vivaldi version from about 1.5? or beginning till 1.8 and now 1.9
    I turned off all the extensions
    but there is some problem.

And vivaldi forum setting does not allow the problem describe
    and
    I do not want to spend hours and hors of time with the description

• @Gwen-Dragon
    doesn't work
    (and 30 more crazy characters for forum settings ..................................................)

• @palocx
    I am irritated. You can write in the forum but you can not write www[dot]google[dot]com as normal text in the forum?
    Or type it like this www google com so this can't be recognised in anyway as spam by the forum software.

Because we need the link to test the site and what is wrong.

@palocx said in problem with video:

vivaldi version from about 1.5? or beginning till 1.8 and now 1.9

What does it say exactly when you go to vivaldi://about in the first line?

0_1493299118672_about 2.png

Did you try a user agent switcher yet (see my first post)? If yes what user agents did you test and what was the result?

• Moved thread.

• @palocx said in problem with video:

But "Vivaldi Bugs Forum" announced me that my description with the link at online-tv is spam!

To prevent spam, the forum now only allows members with enough positive reputation to post links.
    (I learnt that "the hard way" when one of my posts was flagged too :sweat_smile: )

In the meantime, you can try posting links as suggested, or replace http:// with hxxp:// for instance, so the forum doesn't think you're posting a link.

• @zaibon
    my vivaldi is:
    Vivaldi 1.9.818.44 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision bbec133a3745a0d97b9bd4da75e07ddb18f71ff7
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 5.8.283.32
    Flash 25.0.0.148

-=-=-=-=-=-
    If you want you can try video at DVTV (dot) cz
    you must chose video which is about 15 - 30 minutes long
    at the beginning there is two advertisements and than start video without any problem - ok?
    -=-
    after about 5 - 7 minutes there is another advertisements and after that add: Error loading media: File could not be played

ok?
    -=-=-=-=-
    I have question, if I reinstall vivaldi from 32bit to 64bit
    Do I lose all history and settings?

-=-=-=-=-
    I am really confused
    I tried every version with link which you and moderator advise me but system told me: post comment flagged as SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!
    and moderator deleted this thread
    it means: If something does not work, do not bother.

• now I try only re-edit text with Bold (for better reading)
    and forum system:
    0_1493311541457_vivaldi-new-forum-spam-system.jpg

• @IcePanther
    look below
    I try only re-edit part of text to Bold
    and system: Spam

I should apologize to all that I recommended vivaldi :(

• @palocx said in problem with video:

I should apologize to all that I recommended vivaldi :(

Please, that has nothing to to with Vivaldi browser. Vivaldi is nice, the forum software or filter is somewhat crazy.

I will ping our Community Manager Gaelle about your problem, she will help, i hope.

• Vivaldi Team

@palocx Sorry for all the troubles!
    We do get quite a few spammers on the forum for that reason a few filters have been set up. Every now and then there are false positive. We'll review them asap. Again sorry!

Regarding the video issue, would you please report on vivaldi.com/bugreport so that the dev team can reproduce it and fix it.

Thanks in advance for your patience and using Vivaldi :pray:

• @gaelle
    Ok, I tried to describe one more

• @palocx
    So far I can reproduce your issue.
    I watched this video two times. First time with my adblocker (µBlockOrigin) activated and the second time I deactivated it.
    The first time the video stopped loading when the advertisement should be played but the second time - after I disabled µBlock and reloaded the page - everything worked fine and the video continued after the advertisement .

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.