Unwatch all forums

• Is there a way to ignore all forums at once?
    It seems I'm subscribed to all of them and I always have "Unread" items even though I never actually watched a forum.

@Pezo: "Unread" shows for any/all forums - not just the watched ones. Notifications for unseen activity (the bell at top left) are only supposed to show for topics you have participated in, new chat messages, etc. You can turn off notifications and emails in your profile settings, but I don't think you can change the "unread" status numbers. You can only use the dropdown on the right to mark all topics read at once.

• You can set each forum to not appear in unread but not all at the same time.
    For example go https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/33/vivaldi-community (the home of this subforum) and in the lower right box "Watching" select "Ignoring" instead, all subcategories from there will be ignored.
    Repeat for each categories in Home as you wish.

• @Ayespy I can go into each forum separately and select "Ignoring" instead of "Watching" (at the top right), then activity from those won't show up as unread. For example it's not useful for me to see stuff from Italian forums since I don't know Italian, or most of the other languages. I'd still like notifications for topics I participated in, that worked fine with this topic for example.

@iAN-CooG That's what I've been doing so far, but there are indeed a lot of forums so it's quite time-consuming.

• @Pezo Time consuming, maybe - but only needs to be done once (unless new forum/sub-forum is added).

• There are 5 forum categories, far from "a lot".

• Yes, it's really not difficult. For example, go to the Local forums and ignore them all. Then, if you want to watch one of them, open that subforum and change the Ignored to Watched.

• @iAN-CooG I missed the button at the bottom, because in the subforums it's at the top. That's much better now, thanks a lot.

• I always ignore the unread items, never use the tab. That every single forum can show up in recent is another problem. Would be nice if we could block certain forum boards there too.

@luetage: Heh - unread is all I ever use. That way I never miss a user comment.

• @Ayespy said in Unwatch all forums:

@luetage: Heh - unread is all I ever use. That way I never miss a user comment.

But that requires that you never ever be offline for more that 48 hours, right?

@goedl: That's already the case, due to the nature of my work.

• @Ayespy said in Unwatch all forums:

@goedl: That's already the case, due to the nature of my work.

That's what I thought ;-) but it's unfortunate that it's unusable for people who don't have the time to follow the forum so closely but still would like to browse new posts since last checked.
    I'm using quite some other fora and not one of them have such short "memory".

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.