[SOLVED] I can't open magnet links because I messed up and now I want to undo the changes

• Hello. I was using Vivaldi to download something from some torrent trackers and I clicked a magnet link. But I messed up: when Vivaldi asked me if I wanted to launch the magnet link, I chose "no" and I had the "never ask again" checkbox checked.

I want to undo that change and I don't know what to do. I've checked vivaldi://chrome/settings/content, but the handler list is empty. I can open magnet links fine in Firefox, IE11 and Egde, though.

I also reinstalled µTorrent with no results. I don't know what else to do. I want to keep using Vivaldi, but if I can't fix this I'll have to go back to Firefox. Please help me.

• Dunno if you tried to google for it, maybe this?
    https://www.maketecheasier.com/open-magnet-link-in-browser/

• @iAN-CooG Been there, done that. And I still can't open magnet links with Vivaldi.

• this is my registry, edit your user name and adapt your paths to your torrent client

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet]
    @="Magnet URI"
    "URL Protocol"=""
    "Content Type"="application/x-magnet"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\Content Type]
    @="application/x-magnet"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\uTorrent\\maindoc.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell]
    @="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe\" \"%1\" /SHELLASSOC"

the example magnet links on
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme
    works for me, opening utorrent when I click them in Vivaldi

• another thing to check is
    "%localappdata%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Preferences"
    find in file "magnet": and see if it's set to false

• Tried both things and still no luck.

I ended up resetting my Vivaldi profile and the problem was gone.

Thank you for your help. :D

• Too bad, because it was just a matter of closing Vivaldi, hexediting the Preferences file and remove the "magnet" by replacing it with "xxxxxx", at next time a magnet url is clicked, Vivaldi would ask the question again, and then recreating the entry with "magnet":false

For sure Vivaldi needs to get these settings more easily editable.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.