Vivaldi is acting weird (after Windows reinstall)

• Yesterday my Windows broke down so that I decided to reinstall Win10 and got the latest update (Creature Update). However, after I had installed Vivaldi, it kept telling me to make it the Default Browser although I have already chosen that option in Setting. Moreover, lot of extensions won't work anymore (for i.e Chameleon to use Opera Extension) and the most annoying thing is it didn't save my password.

I have tried by installing it on another drive or the OS drive (C) but it still not working! Please help me!

P/s: no matter how many passwords I input, it doesn't ask me to remember although i have checked Save Password in the Settings

• With reinstalling Windows you lost your previous Windows UserID for you local account and some encryption keys, that will break all you saved Vivaldi login/password database.
    May be some of your saved Vivaldi extension data was broken already after you restored your Windows user data.

Please reinstall all you extensions, perhaps you get your extension data back.

if not, please reset you Vivaldi profile data as explained in https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

• @mq003at said in Vivaldi is acting weird (after Windows reinstall):

Creature Update

Teehee, i quite like that slip.

• Windows Creators Update can make problems to many programs. I did a fresh inplace install of Windows after such "Update" โ€“ i'd call it Upcrap :(

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Vivaldi is acting weird (after Windows reinstall):

With reinstalling Windows you lost your previous Windows UserID for you local account and some encryption keys, that will break all you saved Vivaldi login/password database.
    May be some of your saved Vivaldi extension data was broken already after you restored your Windows user data.

Please reinstall all you extensions, perhaps you get your extension data back.

if not, please reset you Vivaldi profile data as explained in https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

I have reset and the result is still the same (except now it doesn't tell me to make it as default browser). However, I still have problems with extensions. I don't think my extension data was broken because I have cleaned everything in drive C before reinstall Windows. The problem is I can not install lots of extensions from Chrome Store because it will blurry the tabs and freeze the browser and I have to use Task Manager to end it.

Also, Vivaldi still doesn't ask me to remember password or not, even after I reset.

I forgot to mention: I am using the Vivaldi Browser I downloaded from the frontpage (v1.8), but I have heard that these bugs already occurred from the updates from a long time ago :(

• OK, I don't know what to do now. I have tried to delete the 2 Login Data files in the Default folder, and I have tried to go to chrome://settings/passwords and uncheck, check the items again, but still, Vivaldi can't remember any of my password.

I think this is a bug in the browser.

@mq003at: My seven installs of four different versions of Vivaldi behave exactly as expected on my 2 Windows 10 Creators update machines that I have right here in the office. They save and retrieve passwords and do all of the other expected things.

I have to assume there is something unique about your system that is gumming things up. Certainly, it is Vivaldi that's being affected - but the problem is not integral to the browser, or at least one of my local installs would reproduce it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.