[Possible BUG] Duplicated blur() events fired by Vivaldi

• I've been trying to debug an app I'm writing which implements a 'save on blur' approach, and the data was being saved twice. I couldn't figure out what was going on, and boiled it down to this simple reproduction. Two text boxes on a page, one with an onBlur() event registered. All other browsers I tested (Chrome on Windows & OSX, Safari) show the expected behaviour - one event when leaving the box. But Vivaldi shows 2 events in certain circumstances. The source of the test page is:

<html>
      <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <title>Blurtest</title>
      </head>
      <body>
        <input id="first" type="text">
        <input type="text">
      </body>
      <script>

var i = document.getElementById("first");
    i.addEventListener("blur", function( event ) {
            console.log('blur:', event);
    }, true);

</script>
    </html>

Live demo is available here. To see the results, open the browser console and focus the first text box. Then use the Tab key to move the focus.

I see the event fired every time Tab is pressed, which doesn't seem right. I can't get any other browsers to do this. I'm pretty sure it's due to the tab position cycling round back to the first box - on Chrome, the tab order includes the address bar and some other controls, as you have to press Tab 5 times to get back to the first input box, not just twice.

But in any case, I'd be grateful to know what's causing this in Vivaldi, and if it's a bug.

• Oh, yes, blur handler should not fire on both fields.

Please report this as a bug to Vivaldi, i will confirm it!

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• @Gwen-Dragon Done. Tx

• @dsl101 Bug number?

• Cofirmed for 1.9 Stable and internal version, too.
    VB-27832 "Duplicated blur() events fired"

• @Gwen-Dragon Sorry - I didn't get a notification of your question, and actually when I submitted the bug, the page didn't display a bug number or email me one either. I have checked spam...

• @dsl101 said in [Possible BUG] Duplicated blur() events fired by Vivaldi:

I submitted the bug, the page didn't display a bug number or email me one either.

The mail server had much works to do after the bugtracker got an update, now bugtracker mails should get faster back.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.